Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KMS Performance Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Performance Raptor

I simply read about the 180hp raptor on this thread "KMS Performance Raptor" here is the link KMS performance raptor

Old 07-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
AZSAND- Rapfam does not have a 85hp raptor yet he was to the finish line before some of those turbo quads. Are you quad free azsand?

I think some of these dyno numbers are hard to swallow. Somebody is adding to much BS to them. You can manipulate some dynos to read higher. These high dyno numbers will bite the builder in the a$$ when customers buy one and then have it dynoed local. It is called the Trinity factor.
As you know, having the most horsepower does not guarantee a drag race victory. Especially on loose terrain.

I believe a few of the turbo quads are planning to attend the next Dyno Day, along with myself and Rapfam(HOPEFULLY). That should give everyone a realistic example of how the boosted motors compare to their N/A bretheran.

Old 07-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

when it comes to running up olds hill the turbo will shine but down here its added weight the nos bike will eat it alive in a 300ft race thats all we race around here

bring those turbo bikes to the atpt race aug 28

Old 07-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DollarBillz
when it comes to running up olds hill the turbo will shine but down here its added weight the nos bike will eat it alive in a 300ft race thats all we race around here

I think you underestimate the turbo systems. A turbo can be dialed in for smooth traction conducive boost. Whereas N2O's violent hit is not as easy to harness. That's why the NMCA gives weight breaks for the Nitrous cars. They have a hard time running with the Turbo's.

Old 07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

Agree with Dollar, at this time in a drag race the Nos bike would be a better bike. I dont htink the turbo bikes have seen enough track time to do what it takes.

Old 07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

they definitley will though!!! they are brand new and very fast... first hand experience... KMS does great work!!!

Old 07-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

For all of you that dont beleive 180 h.p. is impossible, im not saying that your wrong i dont believe it myself. Byt ive seen the bike, not the dyno runs and its very sweet. If KMS says they are hitting that number with that bike i have no reason not to beleive him. We will just have to wait until Dyno days and find out cux im sure hell be their. 14mins as far as gears i have no idea, i know the clutch is stock with srpings out of as street bike motor, hard clutch pull ive felt it. KMS says they burt the stock clutch real fast, then went to the Barnett and in three dyno runs they burnt that one up. So Kenz told him to run stock plates with the Kenz special springs. I am not a believer of the number myself i just posted what KMS told me!!

Old 07-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
For all of you that dont beleive 180 h.p. is impossible, im not saying that your wrong i dont believe it myself. Byt ive seen the bike, not the dyno runs and its very sweet. If KMS says they are hitting that number with that bike i have no reason not to beleive him. We will just have to wait until Dyno days and find out cux im sure hell be their. 14mins as far as gears i have no idea, i know the clutch is stock with srpings out of as street bike motor, hard clutch pull ive felt it. KMS says they burt the stock clutch real fast, then went to the Barnett and in three dyno runs they burnt that one up. So Kenz told him to run stock plates with the Kenz special springs. I am not a believer of the number myself i just posted what KMS told me!!

Is this Raptor red and white with a +8 swingarm and various red anodized components?

Old 07-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Originally posted by: DollarBillz

I think you underestimate the turbo systems. A turbo can be dialed in for smooth traction conducive boost. Whereas N2O's violent hit is not as easy to harness. That's why the NMCA gives weight breaks for the Nitrous cars. They have a hard time running with the Turbo's.

no i understand the turbo one of my good friends builds turbo system's for drag cars and on the first half of the track the nos car will come out of the hole faster and make it too the half way point faster and then the turbo car's pass and pull's the back half of the track real hard and this is not some (pos) car it 's street legal and run's 4.8 in the 1/8 mile with 10.5 tires

Old 07-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

RaptorAZ the raptor tha was at KMS was a Red/White with a +8, and the red frame. Nothing on the bike was anodized. On the frame from 03/04 Raptors it was that red color other than that nothing else was touched. No anodizing.

Quick Reply: KMS Performance Raptor