Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor power loss... I'm DESPERATE for help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor power loss... I'm DESPERATE for help!

The valves have been adjusted a couple months ago, but this loss of power has always been there. Basically, the quad pretty much runs the same way it did when I got it. Slowly, I have been resolving issues as time has gone by. The loss of power use to be much worst! If I was going up a hill and gave it too much gas, my quad would almost stall, but it still made that misfiring and "drowning" like sounds. And every time I would stand it up on its rear two tires, it would leak gasoline even though the gas shut off was on. Turns out the gas floats in the carb weren't adjusted right, so I have since resolved that, and while the quad runs better going up hill, the loss of power is still far too great..

I live in Los Angeles, in the San Fernando Valley, anybody know a good repair center that can work on my quad? Someone honest hopefully?

Old 07-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

no need for a show play with the jetting cuz that was the problem for me with my old warrior its lost power drowned out and if u hit the gass to hard it was bogg out!

Old 07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Have you tried calling Any local dealer to see if they could tell you what the jetting recommendations are with GYT-R accesories and the area you are riding in? I know my Raptor would backfire when you let off the gas after a real hard run untill i went up on the pilot jets from 25's to 27.5's. Never hard any of the other problems though.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

My warrior had a rev limiter switch in line with the rear brake, if the brake was out of adjustment the enging would not run much over idle. It was a quick fix.

Old 07-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

If you have the GYTR filter does it still have the airbox cover on? If the cover is still on take it off and try it. That is only if you have the GYTR filter that clamps onto the airbox. 160-165 doesn't sound that bad but if the airbox lid is on with no holes that will probably be way to rich!

Nocando

Old 07-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

i would bet money it's the reverse sensor when this goes out it tells the cdi that its in reverse and the rev limit drops down to 1200 rpm's

Old 07-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gummyneo

I live in Los Angeles, in the San Fernando Valley, anybody know a good repair center that can work on my quad? Someone honest hopefully?
Calling all SixsixT's, calling all SixsixT's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You can add another one to your stable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Better hurry up Gummyneo, he's moving to Florida one day. Maybe if you ask him real nice like. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Originally posted by: Gummyneo

Calling all SixsixT's, calling all SixsixT's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You can add another one to your stable. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Better hurry up Gummyneo, he's moving to Florida one day. Maybe if you ask him real nice like. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LOL I was thinking about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the advice, I'll try working on it this weekend.

However, my inquiry still stands, if you are nearby and can repair my quad or know somebody that can fix it, I'll be happy to pay for it.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

What are you needles set on . From the top how far down are the e clips on the needles? are they on the 3 clip or the 4 clip?