Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Am i getting ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004 | 01:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Am i getting ripped off?

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
What it says is that in the location that he's in it costs more cash to do business. No dealer wants to price themselfs out of business but they can't go broke making great deals either. It costs more because he is installing and standing behind his workmanship and quality of the build. The guy your mail ordering from knows he will probably never have any responsability if a part fails and the engine goes south. If a rocker fails and it wipes out a bunch of stuff the guy is going to tell you " no problem, I'll get you a new set of rockers in the mail right now"... click. That's the cost of doing business face to face..
The dealer should warranty any genuine Yamaha part regardless of where it came from. I read no-where that the dealer was giving pinhead any type of warranty after it leaves the shop. If he says he will warranty the work, get that in writing pinhead.
Gary

Old 07-20-2004 | 02:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Spincycle, do you pay $6-7 a quart for oil your dealer says you must run? Do you demand brand name prescriptions over generics that have been determined the exact same thing? And pay the price difference out of your pocket?

Old 07-20-2004 | 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

You don't have to run a specific oil to not void your warranty, you have to run a specific *grade* of oil. Don't be silly man..

Old 07-20-2004 | 02:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Since we now know this is a speed shop and not a dealer, this person could insist on certain brands of products or you can go elsewhere. Spincycle, we were discussing a dealer thing, and it wasn't even revelent..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 07-20-2004 | 02:43 PM
|
Pro Rider

yeaH SPIN u have been stuck on the same thing for the last 5 posts..its not a dealer shop its a speed shop like gary said.

Old 07-20-2004 | 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Not to start a argument, but that is 927.11 reasons why I wouldn't buy a four stroke. Most of that stuff you have to fix is somthing that a 2-stroker will never have to worry about.

Old 07-20-2004 | 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
Not to start a argument, but that is 927.11 reasons why I wouldn't buy a four stroke. Most of that stuff you have to fix is somthing that a 2-stroker will never have to worry about.
What was that for other then to start an argument? LOL

Anyway you are right... The 2 smokes are bullet proof engines! SOLID AS ROCKS no problems EVER. I am sure they are about to make a huge comeback over the problem filled 4 strokes that are on their way out of production! LOL

Later,
Mike

Old 07-20-2004 | 04:31 PM
|
Pro Rider

lol.. yeah what are u gonna do when u cant buy 2 strokes.. after 2005?/ u just gonna keep spending more and more on the diminishing 2 strokes/

Old 07-20-2004 | 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

raptor man, Im not trying to say that 2-strokes don't have their problems, but if you like to believe it or not, less moving parts, means less that can go wrong. Really tho, what can go wrong with a 2-stroke motor..blow it up? Yup, but with about 100 bucks and a hours work its up and running again...Now if you blow up that four banger? Then what..
Problem filled?!? Whats wrong with them? Before I went 240 I never cracked into the engine, not once in almost 5 years..The only reason why 2 strokes are saying good-by is because of the pollution.

Pinhead, What do you mean can't buy 2-strokes after 2005? Sure I can buy them, Just I can't buy a new one. Take the 250R for example, last year was what..86, 87? Now almost 20 years later they are still kicking and you can still buy them...

By the time 2 strokes actually dissapear, we will all be too old to care..lol.

Old 07-20-2004 | 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor man, That is a sweet lookin "dragon" you got there..I like the color scheme on it..both that and the Z..
That rappy isn't the same one as the white one is it? like before and after???!?!?

Quick Reply: Am i getting ripped off?