Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your thoughts and memories on the soon to be discontinued Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 01:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your thoughts and memories on the soon to be discontinued Banshee

Im just stating the faults of the bike, its not a mx racer nor is it meant to, it is a great dune bike, the 2nd best in my book only beening the zilla beating it. I have to agree its the best and easyest dune bike to mod, many mods and they have gotten cheaper of the years. i didnt mean to get everyone mad, but i just wanted to state its faults like every bike has.

I think it would be a great idea for yammi to redo this bike with some new stuff, suspencion(sp) and compley with the new regulations.

Old 07-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah i respect your opinion as much as the next guy. But not every one is going to agree with you I was just messing with ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree with you on that making the new banshee worth its last year but as long as yamaha dosent make a stupid stunt and make it a 4 stroke wich is never gonna happen thank god.

I do have one question if anyone knows does this mean that dirt bikes are also going to be eliminated I still wondering about that.

Old 07-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

I wanta know about dirty bikes also, there are alot more 2 stroke bikes than quads, are they up to par or somthing with the rules?

Old 07-31-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BeastMan
i have ridden and raced banshies on the track, not much for mx, whats so great about going fast in a strait line, and bottoming out on a 5 foot jump?
Whell as far as I'm concerned all quads suck compared to dirt bikes at mx so whats the point. A good bike rider will always beat a good quad rider but in the sand and pikes peak shee's are chalking one up for quads. So have a lil respect

Old 07-31-2004, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Everything is destined to come to an end at some point. Like some have responded on here, I will own one before the manufacturing run is done as well. Once my new house is finished being built I'll have plenty of space and will get one then and the time to get out more. Looks like an '06 for me. God they take their time building around here.

Old 07-31-2004, 03:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The banshee is the king of 2 smokes. Hard for me to get excited about a square framed 27hp 250r.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is a disgrace to 2 strokes to mention a honda 250r in the same sentence as a banshee. I would rather haul a$$ on the straights and roll around the corners and jumps than ride a honda 250r. The 250r is a make up memory in the old guys mind that had them and the kids just go by what the old men say it used to be. lol Stock 250r ( if you could find one) would be embaressed by the new 450's off the show room floor.

Old 07-31-2004, 05:24 AM
Pro Rider

exhailing- Ahhhhhhh, i remember the time my banshee ran me over off the tabletop, good times, ill keep that one close to me.

Old 07-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Trailblazer

hondaracer_305 i can second that feeling, ever since i can remember (when i was like 10) the only quad i wanted was a banshee, since i was ten i had to settle for a warrior. But once i finally got enough money after paying for a car and school (still paying) i bought a 2000 shee, stock just the way i wanted it. I got one good hour of riding in, before i loaded it up to take to my mom's for a family easter get together, i wanted to show off my new toy. Sure as hell if I didn't get hit by my buddy's car who i was racing (stupid huh) down the blacktop stretch in front of my mom's house, I had only had the banshee about a week and a half and there i was riding in the chopper on the way to the E.R. with two broken bones sticking out of my leg, and a pretty good gash in the ol'cranium. Pretty much knocked me out of my whole summer, i'm just now getting able to walk around from that accident. But you know what if i got the chance to not get the shee and not get in the wreck, i wouldn't even think about taking it. I love my banshee and it's sad to see them go. One last thing, the events leading up to the crash i can't remember very well, but i do remember one thing, my little twin cylinder two smoke whooped that cavi's a$$. (of course until i slowed down and he hit me)

P.S. if anyone from yamaha is listening here's one idea for the banshee's last year. the way i figure they came out on top and the banshee's should leave on top. This could be like a special edition beast. You could call it the commache (or banshee if you prefer), a 500cc twin cylinder, 450 a$$ beating beast. just my 2 cents.

Old 07-31-2004, 09:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

500cc twin two stroke![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
The banshee is the king of 2 smokes. Hard for me to get excited about a square framed 27hp 250r.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It is a disgrace to 2 strokes to mention a honda 250r in the same sentence as a banshee. I would rather haul a$$ on the straights and roll around the corners and jumps than ride a honda 250r. The 250r is a make up memory in the old guys mind that had them and the kids just go by what the old men say it used to be. lol Stock 250r ( if you could find one) would be embaressed by the new 450's off the show room floor.
Agreed. I ran all over a piped 250R when I come off the show room. It wasn't pretty.

Quick Reply: Your thoughts and memories on the soon to be discontinued Banshee