Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

regreting that i did?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default regreting that i did?

well i m been debating it for a while and i am sick of my ozark and i want to get the for me because it is my money and i don't want to buy crap.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't be upset with the 350. Sure a 660 is a beast, but not everyone can use the power they have.

What I didn't like about the 660 was the size, it's very tall and feels very tippy in tight turns and off-camber woods sections. Of course I'm an old-school rider and like to be low in the saddle and close to the ground which I is why I get along with my Warrior just fine.

The power issue on the other hand is no big deal. You can mod that 350 and make it very quick. My Warrior will run with a stock or piped 400ex no problem, and I've kept up with Raptor 660s in the woods also no problem. Of course in the open the 660 pulls away like I just dropped an anchor off the back of my quad but what can you expect.

I ride and race in the woods and for the most part I'm not going over 30-40mph so a 660 is a bit of overkill for me. My next toy will be a Z400.

Old 08-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I am a very big 13 year old. (6'3 250lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) And up til a few weeks ago I had to ride my warrior with all my buddies who have z400s, raptors, yfzs etc. On trails, it wasn't a problem. I acutally like the feel of my Warrior over the Z400. I'm sure I'd get used to a z400 and end up loving it. But It felt like I was sitting too tall and it was kinda weird...I dunno. Like I said, I am sure I would've gotten used to it.

Raptor 350 should be perfect for you. It will probably seem fast to you if your used to riding nothing else then your Ozark. Seemed fast for me coming from my Beartracker. If you have the money for a Raptor 350, go for it! If money is tight, go buy a used warrior for barely anything. I love mine. It is the perfect trail quad. I prefer it over my TRX on trails. It handles like a dog, yes. But that is why these things weren't made for MX. They were made for an all around good quad, and that's exactly what they are. You won't find ANYTHING better then a Warrior for the money. You won't even regret it. The only way you may be convinced you want something faster is if you ride something faster. And even then you still may like the way your Raptor 350 is. I don't think you would regret it.

Test drive on if you have the chance. It's really your choice. Asking us can make that choice go either way. But don't make a decision until you have ridden or sat on one atleast.

Put it this way, even though I have something faster and better now, I still do not regret buying my Warrior.

Hope that helps you some. Go luck to you though on whatever choice you make.

Old 08-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

For the money, no doubt. I did my shopping and a Warrior was far and away the cheapest quad you can get in nice shape. People like to rip on them now but for years they were one of the only sport quads on the market and everyone loved them.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

hey man i have a 350 and i love it. check the pics! i would recomend getting a pipe for it. i bought a white bros and it really made a difference. also your gonna need a new shifter if you wear riding boots I can't get my foot under it unless i sit on the tank. Dirt rider magazine also recommended new tires for it. i think i am going to extend my a-arms but i like dune riding and plan on taking mine on the track. i am a beginner to so its definitely perfect for beginners.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

ozark, just ride one, odds are you will not be disappointed. It will make an excellent bike i am sure.

Old 08-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Flynbryan
And alot of them probably just need to feed their big egos....... If I remember correctly your a younger smaller fella on a budget, right? And I also think you had said you'd be doing mostly trail riding? If thats the case, then the 350 will be fine for you. Bigger motor doesn't neccesarily make you faster if you can't handle the power/use it to the fullest. I've ridden with people on 300ex's, 250x's, and Z400s that could hang perfectly fine with me when I was on my Raptor, or my Predator. Take what these guys on here say into consideration, but in the end remember YOUR the one who will be riding the quad, not them. Alot of people on here are just teenage (or younger) kids that think they have to have the biggest baddest quad and that everything else is worthless. Theres nothing wrong with the mid-sized quads.
Couldn't say it any better.Go with the rap350 ozarkmaster and i guarantee you will not regret it.Don't let anybody change your mind,because if you want it then get it.