Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA HORSE POWER

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA HORSE POWER

Hey speedy... where did your headlights go? Did they get ripped off? When I first saw it I thought it was a blaster lol

Old 09-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: 2FAST4URASS
..... and dont get me wrong it has plenty of power im happy with it i just want a little more i climb alot of slate hills and i want just a tad bit more of power in second
OMG LMFAO plenty? wow. anyway if you want more for the hills you loose top speed you just drop a tooth in front or go up teeth in back, sprokets are the cheapest way to get more power. bottomline

Old 09-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: 2FAST4URASS
..... and dont get me wrong it has plenty of power im happy with it i just want a little more i climb alot of slate hills and i want just a tad bit more of power in second
OMG LMFAO plenty? wow. anyway if you want more for the hills you loose top speed you just drop a tooth in front or go up teeth in back, sprokets are the cheapest way to get more power. bottomline
you dont gain power from sprockets...
but like said already... a pipe and filter is a good start.

Old 09-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I guess sprokets dont make your motor have more power, But the do make it allot easier to make it up hills. case n point... My warrior when she had nothin but a pipe n proflow did not have the juice to make it up half the hills around the ranch in 2nd and shifting to 1st is not a safe option due to false nuetral and starting them infirst you do not have enough speed to make it, so gearing down made it so i could run the hills in 2nd. now whatever you wanna call that restructuring of power or whatever. I dunno. just know it works.

Old 09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

ok here's what happened to my headlights... i was out one day messin around at my g-pas(passed away about 15 mins ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) and i went aroud nteh composte heap and the backend kicekd out and im like o yea .. and about a sec after it started to slide i hit a little hole and flipped like 3-5 tiems threw me about 30-40 ft fro mteh quad and it was a left handed corner and i mean when i hit the hole it flipped me off instantly and im SURE if i didn't hav ea helmet on i would be paralized right now

Old 09-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
I guess sprokets dont make your motor have more power, But the do make it allot easier to make it up hills. case n point... My warrior when she had nothin but a pipe n proflow did not have the juice to make it up half the hills around the ranch in 2nd and shifting to 1st is not a safe option due to false nuetral and starting them infirst you do not have enough speed to make it, so gearing down made it so i could run the hills in 2nd. now whatever you wanna call that restructuring of power or whatever. I dunno. just know it works.
lol, there ya go... i aint sure how to put it either... i guess it just putting the power where you want it...