Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cheap Theft Deterrent Idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Theft Deterrent Idea

The signs idea....... um lets just say dumb...... If you have an enclosed cargo type trailor you can put a good enough lock on it that a theif will not steal it, besides making signs would be to much trouble and look pretty dumb.......

Just my view.......

Old 09-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

hey one of the suspects that the cops thought had something to do with alot of atv thefts in my area got shot dead in someones backyard about a month ago.
the cop was laughing about it saying he deserved it. a dead man cant testify is what all the cops around here told me. and as long as it is on my property a dam thing cant be done about it. also consider i live in the country and not the big city (when im at my dads anyways)

Old 09-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

legally unless you can PROVE your life was in danger, like they had a gun or knife, and you kill them and there body is outside your house. it is not considered self defense. AKA murder

Old 09-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

You got it, Zilla! NOW, if they are IN your house, armed or not, you can take them out. However, it's much better to "be sure" they are/were armed. That's easy enough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

evidently that is not the way the atoka police dept. sees it as the guy was not charged for murder also there has been other cases around here where people were shot dead in cars as they attempted to steal them.
i am not sayin that i dont believe you guys by any means. i am just saying how different cities , and different police depts. have different views about everything.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I know it's a dumb idea, that is why I said I am joking about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If you actually put those signs up I could just see the laughs as you unload. But you have to admit, that if you put Yamaha, Suzuki, Thor, or any type of stickers on your trailer that may indicate to a potential thief that you've got quads inside it...They may get you. Around here a lot of quads/motorcycles have been stolen while parked at a motel. (Ask BigWayne!)

As for shooting someone, you cannot just shoot someone for stealing, they would have to be putting you in danger....from what I remember in my law classes, self-defense is the only legitimate reason for killing someone. (Other than War).

I carry mine on a 18ft cargo trailer that is not enclosed, I don't usually spend the night at motels and I've got insurance on everything in case I do. (Just in case your wondering [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Old 09-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

hey thanxs fer the head up now im going to make sure i check those trailers to im GOING to get your quad!!!

haha j/p but wouldnt it really suck if i wasnet???

Old 09-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: stebob
You boys that are bragging about your guns do realize that if you shoot and/or kill someone for stealing you will go to jail for life, right? If you don't kill them, you will go to jail AND get sued.

who says that just cause you have a gun youll shoot somebody? think about it. if youve got your gun and you run out to your truck and the would be thieves see that you have a gun there is no way that they will keep trying to steal or even try to fight back if youve got a gun.i doubt if i could shoot somebody unless it was under extreme circumstances but i wouldnt mind scaring them.

Old 09-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

local suzuki dealer here had a cool brake caliper ,motion detecor lock and man is that thing loud . so they couldn't roll it away and if it's moved its set off . i need to get me some of them 68.99 .

Old 09-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

haha, What if the sign you put up clashes with a locals business, they might just break in to steal your stuff because it might be better then theres. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm just joking, but yeah that is a real good idea.