Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First ride on a Raptor..................

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2000, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'M JUST GLAD AS HELL I PUT DOWN MY DEPOSIT ON THE 11TH OF JUNE!!! I KNEW IT WOULD BE GREAT, AND IT IS. THANKS FOR THE POST, KIWI! I'LL BET THOSE THAT DIDN'T JUMP ON THIS ARE HATING LIFE RIGHT NOW! SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA LISTEN TO YOUR GUT.
(When the deposit is refundable, what have you got to loose?)

Old 08-29-2000, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hope it will stand the test of time and not have any major problems. Still gonna wait a year or 2, so I can get the perfect XC race quad.

Old 08-30-2000, 05:04 AM
Trailblazer

Man has my pc been smokin with questions <grin>

OK, my opionion, yes a fully tricked banshee with pipes, carbs etc etc will like out accelerate a stock Raptor, but no way will it handle as good, steer as well or feel "right" like the Raptor does, nore will be as easy to ride...

as for the narrow / tall thing, absolute BS.... it corners great, sits flat / firm, we had a ball on it...... sorry if this sounds like a Yamaha press release but these are my opinoins based on RIDING IT.......

this is going to be a great woods weapon / trail machine. As for MX, my buddy Marks swapping his pro 440EX for one, initially he was real worried that it might not be a good MX mount, one ride later he's really happy now with his choice for next seasons racing..........

As for me, I wish I could afford one.........

As for the photo's sorry screwed up there, got one of it on my truck !!!! we shot about 5 mins of video footage clowning around doing wheelies, small jumps and blattin around then the battery went flat and no where to charge it........ bugger........

It's a neat quad and super easy to go fast on, thats gonna be its real strength, GOOD handling out of the box and effortlessly fast average speeds for joe average thats gonna have his buddies struggling to keep up.....

Kiwi.

Old 08-30-2000, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

I WANT ONE!!! **cries***
All I have is my Blaster and im a 21 year old male about 5'11" and 150lbs.
I really want more power and a bigger ride, my blaster is nice and small and I can throw it around but I want something more, MORE I SAY!
I have the money available but am now looking towards a house for me and my fiance, hmm, house or Raptor, AHHHHRGHHHH.
So in conclusion........hehe, if you would like to donate to the "Help JIGA get his Raptor fund" please feel free to donate, LMAO, I know there are some of you richboys out there, comon, help a fellow rider out. lol, I have me one by ummmm, next year ***chokes*** I hope.

send any help funds to unrealtourn@hotmail.com or any ideas of how I can get my hands on one, tank ya, LMAO

Old 08-30-2000, 08:38 AM
Trailblazer

I got a new Raptor a few days ago and raced it against my modified Banshee, sorry , no comparison, the Banshee when built correctly will kill a Raptor, but
thats not a fair comparison. The handling though good for a stock quad couldnt compare to my Banshee. One thing is for certain though a stock Raptor will beat a modified DS 650 in a drag, of any length (the 650 had a pipe and carb) Even though it wasnt a fair comparison putting a stock Raptor vs. a fully modified Banshee the Raptor is by far the most impressive stock bike I have ever ridden.

Old 08-30-2000, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer

Beat a modified DS you say??????? I want to see it beat a stock one first! If that race did happen(which i doubt)that DS was a sick untuned s.o.b.

QuickDS
*Sitting here waitng in Ohio for the "big bad" raptor...CANT WAIT!

Old 08-30-2000, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry to burst your bubble, but thats how it went, we switched machines and the results were always the same. Personally I could care less the Raptor was bought for my girlfriend, but believe what you will. All I know is my modified Banshee will eat any 4-stroke out there. Thats why I bought the Raptor for my girlfriend, 4-strokes are for girls, much more user friendly!

Old 08-30-2000, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

Like I said had to be a sick one. I got news for you...all the quads to come shortly are gonna be for girls then, sorry to let you in on this but the factory 2 strokes will be ghandi very soon. No Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki 2 strokes...i see a trend here.

QuickDS

Old 08-30-2000, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

Joey1,

Does this mean that it has more top end than the DS? If so, wouldn't the top speed have to be more than 72 as has been reported?

Old 08-30-2000, 09:20 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry again but the DS runs perfect and as for 2-strokes going bye bye, sorry again, pay attention,look at Kawie all their efforts are going into their new KX-250,,,,sound familiar? and Honda is woking on a cleaner burning 400 cc 2-stroke, and what about about Gas-Gas? Their new bike is a 300cc 2-stroke, 2-strokes are not going anywhere any time soon, so dont expect to win with a 4 stroke anytime soon!!

Quick Reply: First ride on a Raptor..................