Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Some people just don't get it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people just don't get it...

Originally posted by: Hozed
did he hurt your property? he was only riding... you could have just asked him to leave...
what would you think of a land owner that jus didnt want you there and called the cops on ya... then you get a bunch of fines... id be pissed... ya its not my land... but a simple... "hey man... id like it if you stayed of my property with that" would have probably solved ALL of your problems.
He trashed the mans bean field though. That probably hurt the wallet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would've been cool w/ it too till he decided to go tearing through a field that brings me income.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

It doesn't matter if he tore up crops or not. He was trespassing. And what's more, he didn't have the guts to own up to it. He instead tried to flee. I think you did the right thing in calling the cops. I have a riding area that I allow people on during the winter. However, they must ask before setting foot on my place. If they ask, I say sure. If they don't, they are trespassing. Having people riding on your place when you don't know it is not only annoying, its a major liability. If the guy on the cart had gotten hurt, even though he was trespassing, he could have sued Speedy.

You did the right thing Speedy. Right on. I hope they really nailed him for destruction of your property.

~HoundDog

Old 10-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Liability is the big issue these days. Just like a burglar can sue the person he robbed for falling on a radiator while climbing in a window. You definately made the right decision. If you want to ride on someones property you should simply ask first anyway. He definately should of stopped when he was confronted, maybe the machete scared him. lol

Old 10-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i was under the impression that it was someone else been field... not that it makes it ok... imo its not tresspassing unless there are posted signs up.

Old 10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Hozed
i was under the impression that it was someone else been field... not that it makes it ok... imo its not tresspassing unless there are posted signs up.
hounddog got the msg across well and also it was other peopels beans we rent our land( only 12 acres) and he ran into the property behind ours(no trees just open) and also there ARE signs up ima post more when i go out there again

Old 10-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

In Oklahoma, you don't have to post your land if you live on it. Even if it's fenced seperately. If you live on land adjoining other land you own, all continuous segments are considered to be automatically posted by law. No signs needed.

~HoundDog