Once again Wolverine, scrambler500

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Once again Wolverine, scrambler500

Originally posted by: Gopher500
Originally posted by: 1ShotScott
the scram uses chain to turn the front and rear tires which there will be maitinance on, alot more then wolvy and you have to replace parts for it too eventualy. and the chain could slip off while in the woods. for the type of riding it sounds like you will be doing. the wolvy uses the drive shaft which the is basicly no maitinance on it execpt greace the fittings every 3-6 months. .

uhhh....the scrambler is front shaft drive, rear chain. ive put about 1000 miles on my scrambler never had any probs with a chain. as for GC, ive never had an issue, and i ride with sportsmans. the TRUE 4wd will climb itself out of anything.

as for the wolvy being lighter....line em up and see how much that 100 lbs extra slows a scrammy.... no contest.
I would have to agree with you on that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

i think yamaha has better parts refund nd stuf. I will never buy from polaris after wut happened to my dad. He bough some predetor or something and the engine blew the first day he bough and he had the warranty. They made him pay the full price for a new engine, even though he bough warranty and it was the same day

Old 11-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: warriorbansheeboy
i think yamaha has better parts refund nd stuf. I will never buy from polaris after wut happened to my dad. He bough some predetor or something and the engine blew the first day he bough and he had the warranty. They made him pay the full price for a new engine, even though he bough warranty and it was the same day

Yeah.............................................. ...........................................sure... .............!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I highly doubt that....

Old 11-17-2004, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah sure.................."pred or something".............

Old 11-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

If I ever buy a 4x4 capable machine, it will be the Wolverine. Why? Simply because I dislike any automatic Polaris quad out there. My Dad was a big Polaris fan owning many of them, but I finally got him to stop bringing garbage home.

Why compare them for power? a 350 to a 500? Of course.
I'd take the Wolv over the scrambler.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Range Rover

I totaly agree I don't like the auto trany. I like having total control of my machine. and you can do alot more fun stuff with a manual like wheelies. my uncle can't do one with any of his polarises. not only that but polaris does not try very hard to keep their weight down, or well if they do they don't try very hard.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

How do you feel about the hi lifter unlocker compared to the warn 424?

Old 11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Range Rover

I talked to some one the other day who had the high lifter unlocked and he said that he should have gotten the warn 424 instead.

Old 11-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1ShotScott
I totaly agree I don't like the auto trany. I like having total control of my machine. and you can do alot more fun stuff with a manual like wheelies. my uncle can't do one with any of his polarises. not only that but polaris does not try very hard to keep their weight down, or well if they do they don't try very hard.
Not having control of your machine??? HUH?? The PVT on the Polaris is COMPLETELY tune-able to your riding style and likes. If your uncle cant do a wheelie, then good for him. But you obviously have never rode a scrambler because it is hard to keep the front end down!. Need proof? Click on the little camera under my name.!

Quick Reply: Once again Wolverine, scrambler500