Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Wolverine Tires"

I have to leav for tonite talk tomorow my sister wants to use the pc

Old 11-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

WOW Thanks for the help I think I am going to go with the Power Pro Kit.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

YOU READ MY MIND. I am going to get the Detroit locker and the 4-2-4 Select also!

Talk to you later.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBaller
hey thats right i never thought of it. ALL THE POLARIS MODELS WITH SPEDOS have it up to 60!

Some crazy pics in New mexico....
hmmm, 60 mph on my speedo huh? look here for a pic

700 EFI Speedo

I didn't say it would go 75 mph, well it may at sea level and downhill....

Old 11-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually elkbow<u>Text</u>, going to sea level will not matter for your machine since it is EFI. The Electronic fuel injection automatically adjust for altitude. The fact that your friend's Wolverine only does 44 mph is to bad since they are not gettign the full effect of a great machine. They really should get it jetted appropriatly. The machines do not always come from the factory with the proper jetting either a lot of times if it is off and the dealer does not fine tune it, it will be off. Mine does 50 mph and that is with it running bad at 3/4 throttle. When I figure out why it will be fixed and runnig 55-58 again. And another thing is my frinds Polaris is a piece of crap and has been in the shop more than on the trail, but I am not going to post about how crappy Polaris is based on one guy I know.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UGLY88
Actually elkbow<u>Text</u>, going to sea level will not matter for your machine since it is EFI. The Electronic fuel injection automatically adjust for altitude. The fact that your friend's Wolverine only does 44 mph is to bad since they are not gettign the full effect of a great machine. They really should get it jetted appropriatly. The machines do not always come from the factory with the proper jetting either a lot of times if it is off and the dealer does not fine tune it, it will be off. Mine does 50 mph and that is with it running bad at 3/4 throttle. When I figure out why it will be fixed and runnig 55-58 again. And another thing is my frinds Polaris is a piece of crap and has been in the shop more than on the trail, but I am not going to post about how crappy Polaris is based on one guy I know.
actually sea-level will still make a huge difference....there is only so much oxygen at higher altitudes, and even though the EFI compensates, it doesn't have the oxygen level to work with and therefore can't put the level of oxygen/fuel mix as it would at sea-level....

My friend has two Wolverines, one is a 2000, I think the other either a 99 or 01, not sure. They are within one mph of each other, but remember, we're not testing on pavement, we're on sandy roads and at about 6000+ feet when testing....I still have to say though, I think they are great machines, for full-time 4wd, they get up and go and you can rap through the gears to top speed pretty quick....and they are light....when I need to scoot one sideways on the trailer, just pick it up and move it, on my 700 EFI, its too high and I about blow a nut when trying to move it....lol

I'd like to pick up a Wolverine if I can spare the bucks, would be good for tighter trail riding than my Polaris. As far as your friends Polaris, just the nature of the game, you'll find the same with every make of machine. Go look at the Kawasaki forum and read about the problems with the Brute Force....

Old 11-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

you know one reason for your frieds wolverine only going 44 might because of the speed control by the throttel.
check out this page with micfiche the number on the screw it 10 have your friend adjust that.
http://216.37.204.202/yamaha_oem/Yam...=13&A=184&B=33

Old 11-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

I'm taking a pic tonight guys remeber.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GO TO THE FALLOW WEB PAGE AND READ WHAT POLARIS SAYS ABOUT THERE NEW EFI SYSTEM.

http://atv.polarisindustries.com/atv/innovationsDetail.aspx?family=Sportsman

IT EVEN STATES THAT AT 6000 FEET YOU HAVE TO REJET A CARB WHILE ON THERE SYSTEM IT AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTS AS YOU GO UP IN ELEVATION.

ALSO THE EFI SYSTEM DOES NOT NEED "AIR" TO ADJUST, IT ADJUST THE FUEL CURVE TO THE AMOUNT OF AIR GOING IN THE ENGINE READ BY A SENSOR.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Range Rover

ooooohhhhhh burn!!!!!!

Quick Reply: "Wolverine Tires"