Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

"Wolverine Tires"

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Wolverine Tires"

ALSO THE EFI SYSTEM DOES NOT NEED "AIR" TO ADJUST, IT ADJUST THE FUEL CURVE TO THE AMOUNT OF AIR GOING IN THE ENGINE READ BY A SENSOR.

no it doesnt but i does need "air" to combust fuel. and you said

Actually elkbowText, going to sea level will not matter for your machine since it is EFI.
thats not true. It wont need to be rejetted but it still will make it less efficent. EFI will "rejet" or ajust fuel output to prevent a rich or lean mixture but the engine still wont be as efficent as it would be at a lower elivation. so what you said was totally wrong thats what I was commenting on. I agree that 44 miles per hour is most likely a combination of factors one of which may be improper jetting but even if that is fixed at that altitude it still will have less power then if it was brought to sealevel and rejetted.

Old 11-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am ok with that can we also agree at that elevation a properly tuned engine may not make as much power but will still be within a couple of mph?

Old 11-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Range Rover

ulgy88 did you knowtice a difference in power and how loud is it?

Old 11-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed a little bit, but I do not have it completely fine tuned yet. I have to do a complete rejet on it since I added the intake and UNI filter. I am just trying to figure out which jet kit to use. Not much louder.

Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

yea i can agree that 44 seems slower then just elivation.

to what baller has been saying about the megamax, you said you didnt notice much of a difference? How many disks are you running and do you have the quiet core in? I ran mine with 10 or 11 disks with my K&N filter and a few holes in the airbox lid. I run it with 10 disks now but I have a white brothers cam and a high compression wiseco piston. the cam really makes a difference in the RPMs it winds out so much smoother and longer.

Old 11-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

No, no, another misunderstanding. I did not see a lot of difference from using my stock exhaust slightly modified. I did see a little and every bit helps, I also wrapped the entire header pipe and tail pipe up to the muffler with header wrap. I want to get a White Bros. or Mega Max II but can not justify the cost right now.

Old 11-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the MegaMax I got a MegaMax on my Wolverine and it makes it have alot more power you feel the difference soon as you ride.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
Originally posted by: LotusPosition
the reason you don't see or feel it is because your Wolverine can't go fast enough to notice...
A Wolverine will run up to 58MPH, FYI. That is PLENTY fast enough to see tire wobble.

Virtually every guy I ride with has Mudlites. These are mounted on 700 KQ's, Brute Forces, and 700 Prairies, among others. NONE of these people complain about tire wobble, and believe me, they max those things out. Some of these guys have run Mudlites (not the same set) for ver 7000 miles, and their only real complaint is fast wear on harder surfaces.

58 mph???????????? My friend has two 2000 Wolverines....the fastest we had them is 44 mph, if you're getting 58 mph, then you need to keep that one forever or wake up....I heard of people exaggerate their speed, but that is funny....

I didn't say the 589s or Mudlites are bad tires, i wouldn't own them if I thought they were, but as with all the large lug tires, they do not spin true. We balanced then on a high quality spin balancer and they spin terribly....that is 8 different tires mounted on ITP Type 5C Aluminum wheels. My stock Carlisle 26" tires run perfect, but they have less than half the tread of the 589s and Mudlites....

Wow I leave for a week to go deer hunting and this topic just takes off, I still need to chime in on this one with my opinion. I run bigger tires and I think they help me in the top end, so I think I am closer to 60. Either that or when I raced my dad on his sportman 500 HO and his speedo said 59 and I was slightly pulling away his speedometer must have been off by 15 mph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Ahh now I see the problem, Damn Polaris speedometers.

Old 11-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

I am wondering what are the biggest tires I can put on my wolverine with the stock rims. I see that on the back stock rims you can put 28's on them 28-10-12 and the biggest tires on the front I saw are 25-8-12 and I am wondering if I can go bigger on thefront if I dont change my rims. If i put 28s on the stock rims will i need a big foot kit or anything??

Old 11-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

I would not reccomend outting any tire on your Wolverine bigger than a 25". You can do it but you will loose a lot of bottom end torque which makes it tougher on the machine to get through sand and mud. Also, you must put on the same size on the front and back since it is constant 4-wheel drive. When I say same size I mean in diameter not width. I put 25x8X12 on the front while running 25x10x12 in the rear.