Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What happens if You Dont Rejet

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happens if You Dont Rejet

Just wondering, does it do any damage, or just make it run weird, its gettin kind of cold here in michigan.

Old 11-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

I live in st. louis,and ride im temps ranging from around 20 degrees to around 100 degrees, and never had to re-jet.

Old 11-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

I ride my quad in temps from about 35 degrees to 110 and have not had to rejet due to air density Theoretically you are leaning out as temps drop but I can't believe it will affect your motor. I know some guys tinker with jetting also with fairly minor elevation changes. I run my raptor from sea level to 7000 ft and dont have to rejet. It runs rich at 7K but not bad enough to rejet for a weekend ride.

I dont think you will notice any change in your ride this winter.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

the only harm with (not) rejetting is that you wont get the maximum out of your modifications.

what's the point of making mods if your not willing to go the extra mile?

Old 11-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

For alot of people that I know, its hard enough to find the time to get out and ride. Tinkering with your quad to get every last pony out of mods just takes away from the rare times many people have to ride. If I screwed around with the four quads I have to maintain to optimize them for every location we ride, thats all I would be doing. Most people arent good enough riders to ring out all the power their high performance quads have anyways so it really doesnt matter.

Old 11-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YamahaBlaster200
Just wondering, does it do any damage, or just make it run weird, its gettin kind of cold here in michigan.

yo,
what hapend, i thought u were gonna be back in hawthorne trails this morning, u missed it i was doin some crazy donuts, every one was out there, mike jarod, matt, both ryans, and that dude with a z440. i didnt jet mine for the winter. and joes sellin the plasitc of his 03' u might wanna hit him up when he gets off work. hes gettin new custom plastic from some website. oh yea we fixed the fridge jump, we also moved it, it was too low and water puddles kept building up and freezin right where the landin was, so problem fixed homie.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Turtler
For alot of people that I know, its hard enough to find the time to get out and ride. Tinkering with your quad to get every last pony out of mods just takes away from the rare times many people have to ride. If I screwed around with the four quads I have to maintain to optimize them for every location we ride, thats all I would be doing. Most people arent good enough riders to ring out all the power their high performance quads have anyways so it really doesnt matter.
yamaha set up you quad with 2 third gears, wtf!!

yea i agree with u about the difficulty in finding time to ride, but i "tinker" with mine alot not just for performance gains, hell its stock, but since i take car of it so much, thats why its a 1991 and still going strong.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Turtler
exactly .... you really shouldn't make any mods until you get better aquianted with your machine and become a better rider. Just change the oil often, clean your air filter before {every} ride. That should keep your ride in semi peak performace until your ready for some mods.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Weedman, that reference to two 3rd gears is right underneath my Raptor tranny's 3rd gear split in half. You obviously didnt get the reference to the picture.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

oh icic, sorry my adrenalines still pumpim from the ride.

like i said on previos posts, i am not good with trannys, i can rebuild an engine, weld, rebuild carbs, re pack pipes, but ask me one question about a tranny and ill jus give u a blank stare, i just hope my gears dont mushroom over from lettin my friend ride.

Quick Reply: What happens if You Dont Rejet