Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee first mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee first mods

I was wondering with around 1200 what are the first mods that should be dont for mostly trail riding. Lik eexhaust intake, carb stuff. whats everyones opinoins

Old 11-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Exhaust would be my first move. Check out a set of FMF SST or Toomeys or somthing, maybe even CPI.

Old 11-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

i was lo oking at toomey and FMF>..but then what should i do?

Old 11-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe a air filter, or air box mods?
If your going to be doing alot of trail riding maybe some sprocket changing might suit you well. The possibilitys are endless. A-arms, axle, swingarms, tires, rims, shocks, engine work..

Old 11-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

its og ta set of new tires on it. i wanna leave the suspension nad arms alone for now...im m ainly concerned with engine nad ignition system if needed. I was more mid to low range power....a ned for everyone on a trail. i was plannin on the toomey 2 into 1 filter, toomey pipes and thats as far as i am right now...i kinda want to keep the stock airbox but will up[grade if needed ya know.

also are there any good sites to buy b anshee parts at?

Old 11-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

you could go with a cfm aluminum air box. From my experience they have real good flow when combined with a good filter

Old 11-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

what are the reed thin gs nad stuff? im new in 2 strokes nad really hdont know that much about mem

Old 11-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Your reeds are like valves. Your crankcase creates pressure to draw in the fuel and air mixture for the next stroke. As your piston moves upwards it creates a vacuum in the crankcase which pulls the reeds open so the intake charge can enter the crankcase. When the piston moves back down the pressure pushes the reeds close to keep the charge from going back out the intake.
Different reed companies use different products to make their reeds. DIfferent materials will cause all these reeds to act different. Some will be stiffer which will open slower but give better control at high throttle openings, while others are thin and flexable which will open quickly to give good responce but will flutter at high speeds. I find duel stage reeds to work the best. They are flexable for quick responce but are stable at high speeds.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

so should i look into reeds also?

Old 11-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

First I would get a pro flow kit so and filter so you can have teh clamp on style air box for better seal. since your looking for more low to midrange power i honestly beileve no pipes make more power in those ranges than the FMF Gnarlys. Toomys are more of a top end pipe. good luck.

Quick Reply: Banshee first mods