Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I Sell My First Quad? Because Im Very Attached To It

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I Sell My First Quad? Because Im Very Attached To It

Keep it for now. With winter coming on the resale wont be as good anyway. When spring comes around and you decide to sell it at least you can get premium price for it.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Bubba297
Keep it for now. With winter coming on the resale wont be as good anyway. When spring comes around and you decide to sell it at least you can get premium price for it.
This is true to.

Old 11-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep it now decide later =)

Old 11-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

If you don't have to sell it to get the new one, then keep it but if it comes down to getting a new quad or keeping an old one, then get rid of it. But most importantly, grow a set and make a decision. It's only a machine.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:59 AM
Trailblazer

I will say this I started out on a 125m honda atc three wheeler I would love to see the same bike again as I could just hop on it and be ready for action after a short while but I sold it after three wheelers were banned Im sorry I sold it but look how far we have come we have diff locks, four wheel drive, bigger better tires, auto tranny's, more towing capacity a decent front rack for our gear etc....... so my advice is do you have enough positive memories with that excact vehicle to justify kepping it or with that exact model if it's just that model for example I can buy a 1984 125m three wheeler for about 500 dollars and resore it for about another 700-1000 dollars to original condition and have all the bike I started on plus when I sold my bike I got top dollar for it and upgraded to a honda four wheeler at the time, it saved me quite a bit of money as I didn't have to pay full price for it so I think you need to decide is that scratch on the handlebar from where you ditched it one time is more important than saving money on your new purchase or maybe your like me and wait a few years and then you can always buy, restore the same model for a lot less money that you sold it for in the first place and all the same memories come back to you after your first ride on the same vehicle you started out on.

Old 11-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

already picked it up yesterday with 2 hours on it and sold the recon... im am so glad i`did... the eiger enabled me to go through anything... lets just say i already have 17 hours on it and im am satisfied

Old 11-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

It's hard, my firts ride the rappy, may be going too, and I don't know what to get, I want something that beats my YFZ but at the same time not putting a lot of money to it, like the YFZ, it only has a $270 slip-on and it's already beating lots of quads.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you were keeping it for your son that would have made sense, but if not, then you made the right decision. Our 89 Honda just sits in the garage and never gets ridden. My old man never uses it, and I don't want to ride it. Only gets used if I have a friend around that doesn't own a quad but wants to go with the group.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ660R
It's hard, my firts ride the rappy, may be going too, and I don't know what to get, I want something that beats my YFZ but at the same time not putting a lot of money to it, like the YFZ, it only has a $270 slip-on and it's already beating lots of quads.
buy an old Quadzilla[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally posted by: ZillaRider87
Originally posted by: YFZ660R
buy an old Quadzilla[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Trying to find one but there is almost none in here.