Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your worst wreck??LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004 | 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Your worst wreck??LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!

I was messing around on my beartracker at my friends cabin before I had my Raptor. We were doing wheelies down a paved road (he has a DS650) and I just started going around this 90 degree paved corner on two wheels sideways. I got bored with that, so I sat and watched my friend do some wheelies. After a while, I felt like it would be cool to go around that corner really, really fast. (haha, well 50 mph on a beartracker fast). I took the corner and my rear wheels hit some sand and started sliding sideways. I was almost completely sideways when the sand ended and my tires hit the grippy pavement. My friend told me I was about 10 feet in the air and my quad was a little lower than me upside down. I landed on my wrists spraining both of them to huge bruised scabs and then slid on my back for about 20 feet wearing only a muscle shirt. I was a scab for a long time after that! couldnt sleep on my back. my quad's handlebars bent all the way down, so I had to ride my friend's DS650 back to the cabin. needless to say it was no easy ride with two sprained wrists and a skinless back. it hurt big time!!

Old 12-06-2004 | 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

4 years ago, i got my first quad. my old 99 warrior. this was on july 4 or 5. now on july 29th i went to my camp for a week, and all my cousins and uncles and aunts and everyone else and the warrior. i had just gotten use to the clutch and shifting and stuff, when my uncle takes my quad out for a rie at 9 in the morn. (i remember cuz he woke me up with the reving). not more than 2 hours later, i hear a quad coming, sounded like it was flying, then, it was gone. i guess it didnt click right away until i hear a faint yelling in the didstance. i couldnt figure it out, so i sold everyone to "shut up" then it all clicked. we ran to my uncle who was 10 ft from a ditch taht was 5 ft deep. the warrior was upside down in the ditch with the back tire sticking out, and my uncle lying between 2 stumps within 6 inches of him, and he was in no way a small man. 30 min later, an ambulance picks him up and we try to get the quad. we had to get my great uncles truck to pull it out, because we had no way to lift it out. it was stuck in 6th gear. we couldnt get it out to pull it, and the front rim was bent to the control arm. frame buckled a bit, but not much, and the front fender was bent up and over itself. all in all, there was 4000 bucks worth of damage and we didnt even have it a month, and my dad almost shot him right there, because he wasnt wearign a helmot, and he was driving like a jerk.

Old 12-06-2004 | 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

well i was riding a brand new 500 honda rubicon down hill was pushing 50 on it came around a corner the 4wd kicked in and it slung me into a hillside i came out with a collar bone broke - all my ribs cracked and broke --tore liver and punctured lung cracked sternum and a totaled machine

tyler (honda_cowboy2002)

Old 12-06-2004 | 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

guess you dont look like a chick anymore lol j/k

Old 12-06-2004 | 10:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

this DEF aint my worst but most definetely my weirdest... I ride with myself mostly and at my g-pas there's an old flattrack which is now turned to grass.. well i have fun on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and well one day i was riding and was comin around one of the corners and somehow i got thrown INFRONT of the quad and was laying on the ground( atleast 10ft infront of it) and after asecond of laying on the ground i rolled over and saw my quad rolling at me still on.... so i roll outta the way and stays alive for another day.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but i STILL can't figure out how i got on the ground infront of the quad...

Old 12-06-2004 | 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

A tree got in my way going 60 down a dirt road.. i slammed on the breaks and rolled up a wall and smaked a tree.. we all figured i was going no less than 40 when i hit it considering how i skidded and went up the wall.. Scars, bumps, and bruises.. $400- im back up and running like new!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2004 | 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ernie660r hit a mobile home at 35mph without a helmet on. He walked away barely. His head went thru themobile home siding. Lucky he hit between the rafters. He sorta walked away. That crash scared the living snot out of me. I was within 100 feet and watched the whole thing. Still have flash backs of it. The memory of his cell phone hitting the trailer wall and landing 65 to 85 feet behind him. The cell phone was on his pants pocket. By the way it totaled out the banshee and did a few 1000 dollars damage to the mobile home. Come to think of it ernie never paid for the damage.

The dumbest crash i have had is probably from peeling out in the bed of the truck unloading it. Rolled it right over me. LOL

Old 12-07-2004 | 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

A bunch of friends and I were comming back from a long ride at Buttercup and as you know if you have ever been there, the dunes flatten out on the way back to camp. So were all haulin a** back to camp on the flats I was riding in front. I didn't see the track the kids had made in the sand untill I was about twenty feet from it. I hit the back side of the berm at about 60, I landed heavy on the front and I hit so hard that I broke my helmet all to hell on my handle bars. My foot came off the peg and the paddle tire ate my foot and yanked me off the bike. That sucked... The first thing I saw when I came to was my friend layin about 30 feet away, he suffered somewhat of the same fate... Oh yea, and the old LT 250R didn't have a scratch....

Old 12-07-2004 | 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its not my wreck but i was there.. My buddy was riding his 2000 bombardier 650 and wanted to see if he could make it across the pond skiing of course. so he hits it wide open dont know how fast since theres not a speedometer just rpm gauge. went good for the first 25ft, then the front tires grabbed water. sent him flying a good 30ft. the wheeler flipped several times bending the bars but still driveable to some point. he survived with a broken wrist and coller bone. hes back rideing cant keep a wheeler man down..

Old 12-07-2004 | 03:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I slammed by pred into a cement post(about 10 foot high, the corner post of a building) going about 35mph and I couldn't hang on due the the impact, and it sent my shoulder slamming into the post..........it also scrapped my ear all up(bloody)........I was ok, but the quad suffered some injuries.

I also rolled a quad once, going about 50mph on a slanted surface.......the handlebars somehow slammed into my rib section and lodged in between 2 ribs......not breaking any of them, but I couldn't get it out of there, so I layed there until someone came(and they called the ambulance) and the ambulance crew pryed it out of my ribs, and ended up breaking 3 of my ribs from prying too hard.......needless to say, sitting still while someone breaks your ribs with a bar isn't something I want to do again!!!

Quick Reply: Your worst wreck??LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!