Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

big bear vs. rancher ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big bear vs. rancher ?

Just sold my '02 B.B. got to admit that thing is tough! Bought it new with one thing in mind RIDE HARD OR DIE. I have rolled it, flipped it end over end, hit trees, pulled the front bumper and rear racks off... It even rode me a few times. Yep it was a good bike. This is Honda country 'round here that is one reason I got the Yammy. Hung rite in there. Ranchers are very good bikes (all my frends run them) quite a bit more refined, faster, and a little more power. They do not offer in/out 4X4 and that is a must if you want to play in the mud! By the time I sold the B.B. it had 1800mi. and was in need of TLC. Starter clutch going out (common prob), needed rings (been flooded out 1 to many times), brakes all the way around, and rear bearings. In my book they are equil bikes neither better that the other.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big bear vs. rancher ?

rancher all the way, big bears ive seen tend to break down quite a bit. while they do have a low gear advantage the rancher can definetely hold its own in the power department. i have 1000 miles on mine and i only needed it services once. all it needs was oil change, filter changes, brakes perked up and everything else is fine. ive been through quite a bit with that quad. i can honestly say it is the most reliable quad i have ever seen. on the trails it is no contest, the rancher eats it up. it is better suspension wise, handling wise, and power wise. i also think it looks way better expecially the new ones. if you need a quad to do heavy duty work where low gear is needed a big bear would do ya good.