Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

anyone ever use sand tires in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever use sand tires in the snow

I just bought a set of sand skate2 rear tires for the back of my raptor660. it has not snowed yet and we usually get between four to six inches of snow at a time. some times we get eight at a time. im chomping at the bit to go snow riding in South East Mo. 50 miles south of St.Louis mo. Anyone ever used sand padletires for this kind of riding. I have to go tommorow to st.joe and try these babies out on the sand also. I have never used paddle tires ever. any tips
ps you guys are cool in my book. this is the best website on the net. i have learned allot about this sport just by using your tips.

04 raptor 660 lots of mods

Old 12-18-2004, 02:15 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Some buddy's of mine went and drag raced last saturday and they said they was a guy with a set of sand tires on his yfz, they said it was muddy...and he was hooking up great, he ended up taking 1st place. I would think they would work great in the snow also.

Old 12-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

The cold might make the paddles crack faster, but if u have enough snow go for it.

Old 12-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

guys imn going to give it my best as soon as i see some snow. i purchased a set of sand sakte 2's onn a set of douglas red label rims for 100.00 i could not go wrong. i can always use the rims if i chew up the paddles. but i appreciate your in put.

my buddies got a 02 raptor that has a trinity ful exhaust, the motor was put together b trinity it's between a 700 and a 800 motor?? the thing halls ***. it has new carbs that i think are electronic, hydrolic clutch, jets , extra head gaskets and extra parts. he just wants to sell it for the pay off of 4,000
anyone interested contact me at my e:mail address onegreatcop@wmconnect

Old 12-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have tried the sand tires in the snow and depending on the type of snow, they do pretty good. If you have that powdery snow, then all you will do is spin and hit ground and tear up the ground. but, if it is that snow with a little ice layer on top, then you will be gettin' traction. it also helps to have the paddles that don't go straight across, because of turning. I think those paddle masters would be a nice tire to try in the snow and mud. have fun playin' in the snow. if ya do it right, you can throw a wave of snow on a unsuspecting buddy.

Old 12-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I tried it with some paddles and it works pretty good. Its gotta be that heavy snow and a lot of it. Big mud tires work better in my opinion.