Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Fun in the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun in the SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought i would post..... man am i having fun with my new 2005 kodiak 450 in the snow... i have the plow.... and we got a decent little blizzard... so far about 24"s of snow and counting... and i plowed my whole back lane [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] everyone was shoveling as i just roared up and down the street... hahahahaha.... everyone just staring at me.... as i plowed by.... then took the plow off, and went crashing through some 4ft-5ft drifts, and this thing just kept going and going..... some people down my street were driving some small raptorish quads... and they were just following me around because i was making the path..... i just wanted to post because i was having SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!! Anybody else having fun in the snow.... PS i am surprised about the stock tires.... pretty grippy!!

Old 12-31-2004, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

you must be down around Brandon area. Yeah I too was impressed with the stock tires in snow. We have about 3 feet of snow here and I have had lots of fun playin and plowin, can't wait for spring now and the mud.

Old 12-31-2004, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Ahhhhhhhhh, you guy are making me jealous. I live in northern Minnesota about 2 hours south of the Canadian border and I am used to lots of snow. We do have some on the ground, but it was so warm yesterday instead of like a foot of snow we got rained on all day and there is a 1/2 sheet of ice over everything now. This is the first time in my life I have seen rain in late december :l Maybe I need to take my wheeler and sled and go farther north for a couple of weeks.

Ryan

Old 12-31-2004, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

Well i am in Winnipeg, and we Got 20 cm of snow they say, but with all the wind, we have gotten about 3ft-4ft in some areas... and people are stuck all over.... hehehe wippin past them in the quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

we would have snow in pa if it wasnt so warm. i dont think it has been this warm in awhile. today its suppose to be 55*, and tommorow is suppose to be 57*. def not winter weather [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

I am glad to here all the fun!!! we got a pretty big storm here in Nova Scotia couple of days ago. I luckly got the plow on my wolverine last week!! Man you don't really realize how much you miss the snow until it comes again. I was burnin around my street and a guy told me there were three cars stuck on a hill real close, so i grabbed my toe rope and got them unstuck. It is a great feeling pulling a car out that is stuck with the four wheeler, the look on some of the peoples faces is priceless!!!!....

I plan on takein a little trip to go ridein in a week. I hope we get alittle more before then, cause i it awsome!!!!

anyway folks, have a good new year!!!

Old 01-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well i live in GA so i dont get snow just water which means MUD!!!!and its pretty warm down here.we are going to ride today.i have a 2004 kodiak 400.and my uncle has a 2005 kodiak, and my cousin have a 1998 honda fourtrack so later we are gonna tear up some mud!

Old 01-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

Snow Is fun, wet but fun. 2 weeks ago there was a race in baja in a place called LA PONDEROSA. we got there teh weather was cold and never thoght it was gonna snow. preran teh course the course at about 11 am, at about noon the place was completly white. check out the picture.