Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

where to buy atv in canada north of washington state?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy atv in canada north of washington state?

ive heard you can pick up atvs in Canada for a lot less then most places in the US. I know in my area the raptor is very spendy. anyone know of a few places north of washington state. if you have a website that would sure help.

Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Holy ****, another person from Bend. Amazing. Sorry I don't know any websites, but I seem to recall people buying used quads up there for $500-$1000 less than what they are typically going for in OR/WA. You're right, Bend Rec. is expensive.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try www.buysell.com. you can "browse" or search by letter. so under the "A" you'll find all the ATV classifications. try the Vancouver Lowermainland then Calgary and Edmonton. Calgary and Edmonton have way more stuff, better priced, but usually a little more used too. always a much bigger hike for you guys.

there may have been some smokin deals, but your almighty US dollar has been sinking, so what gave you $1.45 before, is now somewhere around $1.20-1.25. Last week it cost me $50 CDN to buy $40 US.... and it was still a waste after those stinkin' rotten Seahawks came up lame![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

seriously, I don't think yer gonna find any smokin deals. And rememer, anything from a BC dealer, add 14% for Fed & Prov. sales tax, Alberta is only 7% fed tax. There's NO TAX on a private sale. I believe you can apply to have the fed tax refunded.

Old 01-13-2005, 03:44 AM
Trailblazer

pretty much what confusedbuyer said. you will not find any deals up here in BC, im very sure of this.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think its the other way around. Look at the 2005 yamaha kodiak, up here in Canada it lists for 9200 plus tax. I have seen deals in other posts of guys down in the states getting them for around 6000 including tax. Even with the exchange rate we are gettin ripped off up here.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I know alot of people are getting raped on new bikes, but an used quad purchased from a private party is not subject to any taxes, is it? Also, when I was looking and found good deals in Canada, it was around 6-7 years ago now(wow, I'm starting to feel old)

Old 01-14-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

hey pendejo, 1 year ago your $$ woulda got ya a good deal, but probably not right now. yes, NO TAXES on private sale. there's still the issue of how you're gonna get it across the border. the US border guys have a real affinity for latex gloves up the rectum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. but check those web links i gave ya. those'll be the best judge for ya.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I was thinking about this a while back.

I finally decided to support my local dealer,,,,and keep my money in the local economy,,,,,,rather than Canada's.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
I was thinking about this a while back.

I finally decided to support my local dealer,,,,and keep my money in the local economy,,,,,,rather than Canada's.
That's a good point, not so much with an used quad but if I were to buy a new ATV 100's of miles away, I would feel like I was cheating[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

oooohhhhhh....OUCH!!! that hurt. good thing Canada is so completely the opposite and totally supports the economy of Bellingham, Blaine and Mt. Baker. Bellingham would be a ghost town if not for all the canuckleheads that shop there and keep it going. We have zero patriotism here (except for hockey). the minute something is cheaper, we bolt for the cheap price. Could have something to do with the fact a huge chunk of our population are recent immigrants to Canada that have less than 10 years in the country, and see it as a social program they can bleed dry, but when they need a cheap price it's like, "Well F*** the local economy and local businessman, I'm going to Blaine!".

I'm glad to hear you support your local biz Bing, cuz if you don't, it won't be there for you. BUT let me ask you this.... do you shop at Walmart? They seem to do more to kill small biz and EVERYTHING is cheap, off-shore crap. It's kinda ironic that they're a "local" biz, because that whole mentality has done more to kill "Made in The USA" than anything else i can think of. It's really a shame.

Quick Reply: where to buy atv in canada north of washington state?