Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior starting problems HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior startinf problems HELP

GRRRRR i just got it fixed and now it wont start it will start to turn over then the (i think its the starter relay its right next to the battery under the left rear fender) starts to tick and it then after trying that 2 or 3 times it wont even start to turn over i just put a new battery in got about 4 ride on it 2 before it broke then it sat around fer 2 months almost then 2 rides after that the 3rd time started up fine 4th time ticked a lil but started 5th time wont start do u think it could b the recharging system i was gonna recharge the battery over night and c if it will start i already replaced the thing thats ticking right b4 it broke and now its doing it again im thinking its the charging system or a fault in the wiring do u guys have ne ideas??

P.S. it does have a recoil bak up but the spring becomes deformed after using it once when u take it bak out it looks man made all twisted and outta shape

Old 01-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior starting problems HELP

Ticking is a dead indication of a dead/weak battery unable to operate the starter - There is a red wire (sometimes hard to find) with all the electrical components under the left fender (by the relay). If this wire is broken or grounded to something your battery will not charge and will discharge even if it was full the day before. Also if you do find this wire and its not broken check ALL the other ones - sounds like something is drawing current & draining your battery or its not getting charged in the first place.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

thanks a bunch ill go look for it in a couple mins but was i right it is the starter relay right?

Old 01-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

*I know the above to be a fact because the SAME thing happened to me; my battery would discharge on me (brand new one) and I couldn’t figure out why. Then I checked all the wires and this one particular was completely separated in half. Now maybe something short circuited it and the wire just snapped apart do to a sudden high current amount present, or a rock flew up and cut it open, or I flipped it and railed it some how I don’t know. But as soon as I uncovered the wires re-soldered the connection and covered them back up I never had a battery charging problem after that.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

well theres a couple red wires theres on that goes from the "relay" to the battery then anothing one that goes from the "relay" to a larger black plastic peice then bak to the wire not exactly sure where it stops

Old 01-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Check them all you may have to un-rap the electrical tape and tape it back up though > trace it all. Here is a dumb question do you leave your key in the on position over night?

Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

no i take it out after every ride

Old 01-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Didnt find anything in the wires?

Old 01-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

i havent gotten a chance to look i had baseball tonight from 7-9 so i didnt have much time but my dad is comin ova tomarrow to help me and we will probally just let it charge all night and of course check the wires

Old 01-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Alright message me or post here - let me know if you find anything.

Quick Reply: warrior starting problems HELP