Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

glad im not hurt after what happened...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glad im not hurt after what happened...

Well today was spose to go riding with my buddy and he n ever showed up.. and it starts snowing... so im going back and find this creek( gone throguh it b4) and since where i cross it's near the end i decide to go down a lil further and well it got to tight for me to turn around so i go to try to go straight out and it was slightly sideways and it caught and went up i pulled the cltuch and it went over... i go int othe water ( a lil over a ft) and the quad tips onto it's side... i struggle to get back up to get the quad bakc over.. and im pushin and pushin.. and finally i get it back over.. i stand up and my legs are stiff.. my pants were almost solid ice... so i got home and now HOPOEFULYL my quad aint damaged in any other way and i don't think any water got newhere it wasn't spsoe to...

Old 01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, its a good thing your ok. That couldve got ugly. Hopefully your quad aint messed up either.

GL wit it!

Old 01-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

yea, only thing worse is thin ice on a deep lake.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Last winter I was night riding in 3*F weather with a buddy of mine riding sideways on the side of an interstate highway embankment. This embankment goes from the woods up to the highway (Interstate 84 - about a 200 foot hill climb to I84 down to the bottom where it levels off). So im riding at the top and there is snow on the ground (winter) and there was a drainage ditch from the highway down to the woods under the snow that I did not see. So I road over it the snow fell through the quad tipped and I rolled down the 200 foot (at about a 70 degree incline) to the bottom onto a partial frozen stream (the ice cracked) into the water. It so happens that my friend was riding in front (narrow trail on the base of this hill) about 15 feet ahead - now we do always look back every min or so to check on each other but it sure as hell felt like more then that laying in that water. Also due to my shear luck I got the quad on top of me in the water upside down and im holding a sit up and grasping the bottom part of the frame with my hands to keep my head above water (was in up to my shoulders). My friend noticed I was missing came back and tipped it over and got me out - by the time I road home my clothes were frozen solid (3*F out) and I was very lucky. Man that water was cold though it felt like I was being stabbed all over sitting in that water barely above freezing. Moral of the story is always ride with a buddy and always keep tabs on each other when riding in such conditions. I am glad to hear that you are ok speedy - my quad got bent bars, stem, and some plastic stretch marks but otherwise it was fine.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well see what happeend was i went to jsut go stragiht out and when it was at a slight angle it caught and flipepd back.. i someone bailed and landed on the other side( about 5 ft away) it landed SPLASH!! and luckily it stayed running.. i am in this foot of water trying to pick it up and i finally get it up and i start it and it took it a sec to turn then it went and i got my @$$ outta there and home.. i stil lhavn't waremd up yet and it is about 20degrees out here