Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

From quad to Dirtbike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From quad to Dirtbike?

After riding my blaster, then jumping on vinson581's RM250, i really want a dirtbike. BUt im not sure if im gunna regret going form a quad to a dirtbike, cause i love how you can ride in the snow, plus ride on trails that are really hard for dirtbikes. Im comfused on what to do. What would you guys do? Just curious...

Old 01-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

buy a dirtbike and keep the quad, i thought about the same thing, cause i liked the feel of a dirtbike but the bike would only be to play around on and i'd keep the quad for racing like what i use it for now, but in the end i didn't get the bike and i'm considering on buying atleast 2 more quads, a banshee definetly and i'm also trying to find a Kawasaki Tecate4 250 so i'll have all 3 250 2 stroke models

Old 01-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

the thing is, i dont have enough money to have both. Thats why im so confused.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

I have a KDX200 and a Raptor 660. The only places the quad does better for me is river crossings that are too deep for my 220 pound 2-smoker. Hills, tight trails, mud, the bike works great. I much prefer the stability of the 4 wheels. The key is to get a bike that matches the terrain you ride in. I went from a bike to a quad. I imagine it's an easier transition than from quad to bike as some of my friends that have ridden my bike tell me.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

i used to ride dirt bikes until a few months ago and i like to fact that you can just relax more while riding a quad unlike a dirtbike where you are constantly alert. but i like the performance of a dirtbike better. they are light enough throw around and jump almost anything

Old 01-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Like the other guys said it comes down to your riding type.

Personally i like the dirt bikes a bit better. But i enjoy FMX and things of that sort.

But if i had to only have one i would have a very hard time picking. Guessing i would get a YZF450 or somethinglike that. kind of the best of both worlds.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

i went from a cr80 to a banshee i like both theres times i want to ride one and not the other and some terrains i take my 4 wheeler over my bike i still have both though but you only can have one or the other depends on what terrain you mostly ride on id take te one best for that terrain doesnt matter you will have fun on both just depends on what one you want more

Old 01-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best thing I can tell ya is that if you have some bad weather conditions I would stay with a quad. I only like a dirtbike for the track anymore, trails are to easy on a bike IMO. As far as hill climbing and stuff goes anyways. If I could only have one I would go with a quad, jus tbecause for trail riding a dirt bike is fun at first, but not after a while like a quad is. If you are going to do a lot of track riding it is going to come down to what you like better. This is just my opinion though.

Riverzend, IMO a dirtbike will go thru a lot deeper water than a quad, if you can stay up that is.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

a rm250? u cant compare that to a utility and blaster!!! u need to ride liek a rapy or yfz b4 u choose

i would take any 250 biker over a blaster

Old 01-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

Buy a street legal dirt bike. That way you can ride it back and forth to the trails.

Quick Reply: From quad to Dirtbike?