Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor

Are you talking about the Raptor with the red motor or the Black one?

Old 01-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

I raced the one with the red motor once and beat it. I never lost a race all day.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

no it was ti swing arm & ti sub frame no plastics. was there more than one open or mod prelim. it was in the trailer sat they were setting it up

Old 01-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

speed who rode the blue turbo raptor in the open class were you in that class with the GP 780 bike

Old 01-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

So if I am reading this right 14mins you are saying I got lucky winning the King of the Hill race. I have news for you keyboard racers it takes alot more than HP to win a race at Glamis. My 440 beats 95% of the built Raptors up the hill and the other 5% don't catch me until almost at the top and I'll guarantee my bike is not any where near the HP of some of these Raptors
No Speed, You read it right!

Rapfam.. I didnt have to put words in your mouth, you finally admitted I was right on your own... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

RoostKing...

Old 01-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

No speed i did not refer to that. it has been well documented on the atv sites that your driving abilities are good for numerous lengths. You can take a quad that has been beat all day long and turn it into a winner. How many quad lengths are you worth? Who knows but enough i suppose. You get the overachiever award on underachieving quads. lol

Not sure why somebody builds a quad if they do not intend to be the pilot. Not like this is Nascar, F1. I guess it is a glamis thing. I do know that at FSW2 i was not going to charge the whoops full throttle, and there were many others that year doing the same. The whoops were gone this year so i do not see the need for "jockeys"

I am sure that some guys could run my quad probably 2 tenths quicker in the 300 foot, so i just drop some more $$ in it to add 2 more tenths worth of HP to it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Back to the videos on this thread. Now it takes a special "Jockey" (worth multiple quad lengths) on a TURBO, ALKY, NOS, FUEL INJECTED, BIG BORE raptor to run inches ahead of a race gas sparks no frills raptor? And a heavy sand pig?

So it looks like Scooby needs a pit crew and the regular quads need a better "jockies" hill shooting is to complicated.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 14mins
I do know that at FSW2 i was not going to charge the whoops full throttle.
Poor guys afraid of getting bucked off, and no need to read the rest of his post, it's just full of excuses.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If your afraid of getting hurt thats one thing, but when you talk big, there is no room for being a pu$$y. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: speeddmn
Thanks 344pv and by the way just for the record I ran a lot of races with Manny's bike on Sunday and not once did anyone finish in front of me. Not in the prelims or semi-finals or finals. That is not luck.
that is true for sure!!! it pulled like NO OTHER!!! and would have kept on pulling if the hill was longer.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: RoostKing
Rapfam.. I didnt have to put words in your mouth, you finally admitted I was right on your own... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

RoostKing...
wrong again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you don't understand

Old 01-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
hill shooting is to complicated.
no it just takes the right setup and that includes rider[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Open Class Winner video- Turbo raptor