Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I flipped MasterRaptor....AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I flipped MasterRaptor....AGAIN

Originally posted by: coolguy8769
read the rules it says atv connection reservse the right to remove anyone due to voilations of the rules.
What rules did he violate? If its a symbol of the Germans, they cant kick him off for expressing his religion/beliefs....unless the forum moderators want to be known as discriminatory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But, its good that you changed it Ben.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

i know i was tlakign about the free speach thing. i know its not breaking the rules to post a falg of any kind

Old 01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

why the arguement? ITS STUPID, CHANGE IT, PUT SOME HOT CHICK ON THERE. I GUARENTEE NO ONE WIL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!!

Old 01-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MasterRaptor
Yeah....and my quad flipped and I got thrown off dude...
LMAO! I find it comical the way you got back on track with the thread as if nothing had happened... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Coolguy,
Thats kool, Ben is just my buddy, so I had to chime in here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, so, don't you become a better rider by taking the machine past your limits, slowly?

I can keep up with anyone I have ever ridden with. I guess that makes me a fast and stupid rider.

Most up the flips on the Raptor have been over backwards or over the rear quarter. Like you will be on a steep climb and stall the bike and start rolling backwards and flip. Or tractoring thru some crazy stuff. Or ridding a wheelie up comp hill or just practicing wheelies.

It hasn't happened often that I flipped avoiding and obstacle on the trail. Also, I just got new tires and are not used to them.

I have the +2 arms with a wider axle. Wider axle helped alot. The front gave it a much better ride and high speed secureness.

How else do you become a better rider?

Old 01-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, for the most part. Anything can happen on the trail. He was riding, not doing anything stupid. Sucks, but good you're okay. I do hear the Raptors are more tippy than some other quads, but if you've widened the front and rear already, I dunno...

Old 02-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have rolled my raptor onto its side and bent up the clutch lever while doing power slides and figures eights. Now granted when doing it correctly I had no problem but a little mistake and over I go. Coming into the turn I would hit the throttle and turn the wheels all the way. If I let off the gas to soon and then get back into it there is a possibility I would get enough traction that it would throw me over instead over continuing to spin around. Now in normal riding through the trails I have never done it mostly because I am being more careful of trees and such but when just going ***** to the wall I have done it on occasion.

Have fun and either buy one of those expensive clutch levers that fold out and spring back, buy a few replacement levers or live with the bent one... :-)

Ride hard...

Old 02-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Funny that this post came back to life cause I crashed the bike AGAIN at the dunes last friday. I don't know what's happening to me.

I was cruising along in the flats at buttercup in 5th WOT as usual and hit a landscape anomoly....a bermed up track that some kids made. I saw the berm at the last second, treated it like a jump, and do not remember the rest.

My buddy tells me I skyed off the berm with a less than perfect landing. He said while I was getting control of the bike after landing, I hit the berm on the other side of the track and it bucked me into flight.

2nd degree cuncusion, Tore my knee open, bruised some ribs, tweaked my neck and back, and broke blood vessles in my eyes so I look like Satan now.

It took almost an hour to come out of a daze. (I didn't know where I was or what happened) Spent 6 hrs in the ER in Yuma. (I was still able to hit comp hill a couple times on Saturday)

Not a scratch on MasterRaptor. Whew!!

I am starting to get my respect back for the Raptor.

Old 02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can say that I wouldn't hit anything like that without first having checked it out first. You will find that any "racer" be it cars motorcyles etc. know a track pretty well before they ever start going full blast. I use to go to the same trails every weekend and still the first time through would take it slow. You never know what has changed, fallen or even the occasional kids that put up lines across the trail thinking it is funny. ATV's are great fun but not worth your life man. Take it easy. I hope you are better soon...

Quick Reply: I flipped MasterRaptor....AGAIN