Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

In theory it sounds like it would work. Im sure you can use the oil tank and all, but I donno how the premix pump would handle 10-30.

That turbo is huge, where do you plan on mounting it?!

Old 02-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

I have seen one from a dodge caravan put on a blaster before. I have seen it in a older issue of Dirt Wheels magizine. They replied that it might be too much boost from a turbo to be putting on a blaster or something like that.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

Originally posted by: Shav0
In theory it sounds like it would work. Im sure you can use the oil tank and all, but I donno how the premix pump would handle 10-30.

That turbo is huge, where do you plan on mounting it?!
another one of my friends has a stock turbo from a audi tt. its got he waste gate to. he said hell give it to me and hell help me with the fabbing. hes a import guy and knows his stuff wiht it comes to turbos. anyother one of my friends turboed his 4door civic dx and hes got some turbo fabbing expereance to. id cut the airbox out and use a radiator hose from a car probly. id put a K&N filter right on the air intake side of the turbo. for the exaust going in id get a metal plate and drill a hole in it, then cut a stock exhause and wheld it onto the plate. then for the rest of the exhause ill have a 2 inch pipe( i beleave the tt turbo exhause outlet is 2 inches...) or ill just not put a pipe on it. id weld the exhaust side flange of the turbo to the frame, and that should hold it. my only problem in doing this will be running oil to the trubo. then the next problem is my motor blowing.... but hell who cairs... it woudl give me a reason to get a 240. and how crazy would it be havin a tach with a shiftlight and a boost guage on a BLASTER! i think that the oil pump will pump 10-30, if not then ill have a problem. i made friends with one of the techs at the yamaha dealer near me so im goan see what he thinks will happen if i run 10-30 threw the oil pump. whats kinda nice about the stock pump is that at higher rpms the pump pumps more oil and at a lower rpm it pumps less and i think that will be good for the trubo. idk if it will pump enough oil tho( volume wise). does anyone know if theres a way to make it pump more oil?

Old 02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

im goin to the junkyards near me this weekend and into next week and im gona try and find a turbo off a 1st gen eclips/talon or a volvo. i wont start the buildup untill after prez weekend cause im goin to vt and i need my bike to be able to run for 4 days without it blowin up. im goin to the lake george winter carnival one of the days ( probly saturday) and the rest im just goan ride around iwth my friends up there and out on the lake infront of our house. ill get some pics of the ice drags and races and put them on my page. if anyone has any input on me doin a turbo please let me know.
thanks
jeff

Old 02-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

somethin i forgot to ask input on. would i be better off havin the turbo right off the block, like cut the header pipe and have the turbo right off the block, or have it where the other turbo blaster has his, where the stock airbox is. my thinkin is cause its a 2 stroke if its right off the block im gona loose some power cause the header pipe will be gone, but the turbo will spool better. if its where the airbox is i dont think it will loose power, but it wont spool as much. anyone got any ideas?

Old 02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

You gotta be careful when setting that up. 2 stroke engines make most of their power using the back pressure inside the expansion chamber on the pipe. The exhaust pressure wave is actually reflected backwards.