Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Slip on vs full system

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on vs full system

As you can see I have a 04 Griz , I am thinking of a HMF sport ute slip on or the full HMF system I realize the full sys. will prob. be better but how much better than just the slip on ? Is it worth the extra $$ does any one have these systems on ? Info will be much appreciated. Speciffically HMF on a Griz. Wll it have alot more noticable power and speed? Thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you ask if its worth the extra money......??? I dont think any exhaust is worth the extra money because they are so expensive all ready. I say get the full system but its not worth the money. If you know what I mean.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

YES I cant believe how much they are , I am surfing the web trying to find the best price HOLLY COW! I knew they were alot of $$ but never paid attention to it til now. I want to play with the Griz a little, Ya no Big foot kit , exhaust, and also studded stockers for ice I want the Griz to beat some sport quads on the ice oval haha think it is possible ? Also I would like to get wheel spacers when I use the stock rims and tires on the ice, any suggestions?

Old 02-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

I have always been convinced that the stock head pipe being smaller than full system will always give more bottom to mid power while a full system will give you more top end but will actually loose some on the bottom. Many 400ex riders will remove stock head pipes and carefully grind down the factory welds between piece that fits into head and the pipe. This will clean up head pipe and when combined with better breathing silencer you get good all-around power and at a much better price than with a full system. Loss of some bottom to mid may not bother you with a griz but it is a big deal for a stock 400ex.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Trailblazer

Youll see a definate improvement at all low,mid,and high end with the full system.In my opinion the slip ons are a waste of money,they may give you a little bump up but it isnt noticeable.Full systems sound awsome too.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe not noticeable on a Raptor, but the slip on is definitely noticeable on a Grizzly. I thought the gain I got out of my slip on was worth what I had to spend, but there was no way I was going to pay double that for the full system. I don't make any money with the quad, so no sense putting that much into it. Besides the HP gain from slip on to full isn't that much according to HMF's website.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

Spending as much money on a full system of slip on is kinda pointless...if you really want the most power out of something take your favorate saw and cut the entire exhaust system about 4 inches off the block...i woudlnt reccomend it if you value your hearing..but i just dont see the point in some 900 dollar slip on pipes i have seen... less back pressure = more power, doesnt really make a difference on how much you spend...

Old 02-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

I agree i think there way over priced for the gain.
Thats why I've dumped all my money into handling not pipes and what not.
I've seen way more gain with the handling mods over stock then i would see with a pipe over stock.
maybe this is just me.