Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Alex's PowerSports in Erie, PA ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Has anyone ever delt with Alex's PowerSports in Erie PA? I have a Raptor on order and have not been very happy with the service so far. They seem to dislike my being excited about the new machine, I paid in cash, and I feel I should be given some attenion when I ask nicely.
They Got their first machine on Wed the 13th, and just got it assembled tonight(the 18th) I called them on the 15 th to see if it was assembled and they told me they hadn't got to it yet because they had to assemble snowmobiles!
I will be recieveing the 2nd Blue one they get, but they told me if the guy in front of me did not have his money ready that I could have this one. They told me that on Wed, and I called them everyday to find out if they had contacted they guy ahead of me, finally today my salesman gets disgusted with me calling and tells me he talked to the other guy on Sat and he had the money, which is fine, but why did he let be go nuts on Sun wondering if I was going riding on Mon, I mean I talked to him on Sat and he didn't say anything then. I am about ready to go get my money back.
See Ya Drew

Old 09-19-2000, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

Anybody????????/

Old 09-19-2000, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless the dealer refuses to deliver to you the second blue Raptor he receives, I fail to see your problem. Offering you a step up on the waiting list if the guy ahead of you couldn't cough up the dough seems like they were trying to do you a favor.

If you cancel your order, you'll increase your wait for a Raptor, while the dealer will easily sell the one intended for you to someone else. What would you accomplish by backing out of the deal you made?

Certainly, you must decide what to do; however, I don't understand your grievance.

Tree Farmer

Old 09-19-2000, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

TreeFarmer,
I can see your point but what it really boils down to is that they dont have any interest in me now that it is paid in full. I dont ever get return phone calls or messages on my voice mail. They dont want me to call, they want to call me. The problem with that is I work 12-14 Hrs a day and I am never home and they wont call my cell.
No major issues but their customer service is poor at best.
See Ya Drew

Old 09-19-2000, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

That's odd! I can see why your upset. I guess it all comes down to people skills. I dunno I guess the dealer I go through is pretty good according to what i've been hearing about others! Whenever I call for parts or to hear about the latest news on my Raptor he's always quite friendly and asks how the families quads are running. As far as calling when stuff comes in he will leave messages and stuff like that even though it's a long distance call. (30 minute drive) Sorry to hear about your local "StealerShip"
Geez I think I may even be getting my Raptor for under Retail price! I think he mentioned something at around 6199 but nothing is set in stone yet. He said it depended on how many other units they move before then. Sorry to hear about your troubles!

Old 09-19-2000, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

During the summer of ’99, while on vacation in Erie, I rented PWCs and jetboats from them three days in a row. I dealt directly with the owner, and with two of his employees. All of my dealings with Alek’s were very satisfactory.

While I’m sure you’re excited at the prospect of getting a new Raptor, I think you need to step back and dispassionately look at the day-to-day operation of their business. First, while you may be a valued cash paying customer, you are NOT their only customer. Second, despite Yamaha’s recent release of the Raptor, practically speaking, the selling season for quads (and PWCs) is beginning to wind down. The selling season for snowmobiles is just starting to gear up. Third, in order to stay in business (and Alek’s has been in Erie for a long time) they have to satisfy as many customers as possible, therefore your personal priorities are not necessarily their business priorities.

As long as Alek’s calls you within a reasonable period of time after their business schedule permits them to ready the second Raptor they receive for delivery to you, they will have fulfilled their contractual obligation, and rendered reasonably good “customer service” to boot.

I am in complete agreement with Tree Farmer. Alek’s tried to do you a favor on the first Raptor they received. And canceling your current order will only result in exacerbating the “problem” by placing you further back in the queue. I don’t see that you really have any problem at all.

However, if you continue to make a pest of yourself, you need to be aware that Alek’s can sell every Raptor they receive the minute it is ready for delivery. And they can just as easily sell it to a pleasant and patient customer, as they can an obnoxious and impatient customer. Further, it is not unheard of for a dealer in possession of a high-demand item to pick and choose their customers. There is no law saying that they have to deal with you. Whether you gave them $50 or $5000, you could easily find yourself in possession of a refund check and a polite note suggesting that you take your business elsewhere.

Exercise a little patience. Both your blood pressure, and your business relationship with Alek’s, will be better for it.

Army Man

Old 09-19-2000, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

Army Man,
You have misjudged my post. I have called only because they told me to. I am also in the big ticket retail business, selling kitchen cabinets.
I am fully aware of the day to day pressure of operations. I have been friendly and polite when I have called, like I said before I am not near a phone during normal business hrs, and only called to check in. I was told to call back later several times and when I did they acted suprised to hear from me. I will not be contacting them agian until they call me. I live an hour away and need some lead time to get there, I just would like the same service that I extend to my customers. I am not trashing them I am just saying that they seem a little loose with there customer service.
See Ya Drew

Old 09-23-2000, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

I purchased a 00 warrior and a 00 kodiak last year from aleks and I also had to wait for about 2 months till they came in. Brian was my salesman and he did everything in his power to get them here. He called local dealers{Jamestown,Findly Lake,) to see if they had any to trade but they were in the same shape as aleks. They did come in on time and the set up was very fast. After my first ride my kodiak had to be pull started as the battery was dead. The pos connection has not been tighted at aleks. Brian came and picked it up the next day(I live in Sugar Grove,1 hour away) and returned it with apoliges. My sons warrior had a problem with his lights and they covered it under warrwnty even though it had expired a few weeks before. Dan the mechanic is very infomitive! I ran a stick through my radiator and asked them how much to fix it and the price was really high (as with all dealers) so I repaired the fan and rad myself. When I buy a second kodiak I will probably get it in Findly Lake as it is much closer to my home but I am sure thay do not have the expertise as Aleks. If you live in the Erie area I would recommend them. The wait is really frustrating though.Have fun riding! (salamanca dice run tomorrow)

Old 09-23-2000, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

Just noticed you are from Frewsbug. We are trying to get a poker run set up in Bear Lake Pa will keep you posted. There are many trails in this area. I can ride from Russell to Titusville with very little roads. I have been to Shortys (Millers Grove) on my sled but dont know how to get there on wheeler trails. Im sure you have to have alot of trails there(big woods) and the guys I ride with are always open to learning new ones if you have the time.Are the tracks still open to ride on? Thanks

Old 09-23-2000, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

Stormy, I would be very interested in riding over your way, and would like to help you get a poker run started agian.
E-Mail me and I will give you my # and we can talk.
See Ya , Drew