Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Girlfriend asked the funniest question last night...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girlfriend asked the funniest question last night...

Just my opinion, but if I was gonna buy a womans ride, I would get the warrior. One less thing to worry about with no wheelie happy front end coming up.

Old 02-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is your girlfriend right.......not your wife, Would if you guys break up(God firbid). Then your going to be stuck with a peice of shlt warrior. Lucky for me my girlfriend of 4years tried riding and filpped her rented quad over. That was the all end of Atving for her period.
Good luck

Old 02-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MURDR
This is your girlfriend right.......not your wife, Would if you guys break up(God firbid). Then your going to be stuck with a peice of shlt warrior. Lucky for me my girlfriend of 4years tried riding and filpped her rented quad over. That was the all end of Atving for her period.
Good luck
Piece of $hit warrior????????? My GF rides a 2000 Warrior ,,,,,probably the most dependable atv out there,,,,,,,

Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

same here, my warrior is not a piece man, you need to come to terms with whatever you have against the warrior because its a great bike.

and so what if you get it and you break up, keep it and let your next gf ride it. mines completely paid off, its not costing me a thing except a sticker each year, so i figure why not keep it.

Old 02-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Trailblazer

About 7 months ago my boyfriend decided he wanted to get me a four-wheeler even though I had never really ever even ridin one before and was planning on getting me a Honda 250 but we got a killer deal on a z400. Now only 7 months later riding is my life he has to peel me off of my bike and I started racing at beginning of January and am doing pretty good I have placed in the top 3 every race. Now I want to sell my z and get the same bike as my boyfriend the yfz450. I think it will all depend on the girl but it is hard to say because I never would have thought I would get hooked like I have.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

WEll I started out riding on my Kodiak 4x4 & then moved up to racing the blaster, then got a 300ex for the trails & some racing, NOW THOUGH I WANT A YFZ450 LOL, I guess you could say I'm never happy Hehehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but I do love my 300 on the trails it's a GREAT trail quad w/ the reverse & all plus it's a billie goat & will go anywhere!!! The Warrior wouldn't be bad either for her the seat is more comfy ont he yammi's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If anything I will probalby be taking my hubby's 426 over & he'll get a 450 but of course I will race THAT along w/ my son!!!!
We pretty much only ride TOGETHER as a family, think there's only been a ocuple times we didn't all go!!! "the family that plays together stays together"

Old 02-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I've been riding for about 2 years and I race mx and xc occasionally. I love riding and can't think of any other way I would rather spend my free time.
I basically learned how to ride on my Raptor. I had rode a Scrambler 500 a couple times before I got the Raptor, so my experience with quads was pretty limited. I didn't have any problems learning on the Raptor. Come to think of it, it probably helped me to learn clutch and throttle control alot faster than if I would have had a less powerful quad. Now I ride/race a YFZ and I have no problem "keeping up" with the guys when we go riding. In fact, some of them have trouble keeping up with me. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If your g/f really wants to ride, you should encourage her. There needs to be more women involved in the sport.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

i have to agree with all of the opinions here. if she wants to ride, get her an ATV and have fun. where i ride, ive only seen one girl that rides...and well i kinda already accidentally embarassed her...

she was goin down the road on a tb250 and it rolled earlier that day (she didnt roll it, in all reality she drove fine), and it wasnt running right since. well i was behind her on my dads sp700 (my scrambler blew a CV joint), with my friend behind me with his 450es. we near the end, the tb just dies right there. she tried startin it and it just wouldnt go. well we're sittin in the middle of the road, her machine is dead, and she was embarassed as hell due to the fact it was only me, her, and my friend at the time...well her dad got a ride over, first turn of the key and it fires right up. bad luck...

Old 02-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my girlfriend a raptor and she is 5'3" and 95 pounds. I think it really depends on how far she will test the limits of herself and the bike. My buddy bought his girlfriend a DS 650 so they could be alike. She had a polaris trailblazer 400 before and she is more confident on the DS.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

My wife loves riding with me, but hates riding with my buddies. So it's a win win situation, when my buddies can't ride she's happy to go, yet when I want to get away from her and ride with the guys she stays home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And if you get caught in a rain storm and have to take cover in the truck with her for awhile, it can be a hell of alot of FUN!