Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what would u rather have??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would u rather have??????

yeah dats exactly wat im trying to say surtain quads have surtain thing to meet the needs the quad was inteanded for lik the 450r w/ a kick starter it has that becuz it is a mx quad so they wanted it to be light

Old 02-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2phast4u
yeah dats exactly wat im trying to say surtain quads have surtain thing to meet the needs the quad was inteanded for lik the 450r w/ a kick starter it has that becuz it is a mx quad so they wanted it to be light
And even then they didnt get it as light as the YFZ,AND the YFZ has the option to change to a kickstarter eliminating EVEN MORE weight.
Hmm,as to the other post...you seem to miss my point as you dont read the post properly,I didnt say the Vforce was a bad drag bike,I just stated that you need little or no skill at all to win a drag race with an auto.I mean what are you actually doing,pressing the thumbthrottle untill you top out,WOW bow down to the master of riders,not!
Automatics are for pu$$ys,unless you want a utility.Automatic is lame for sport quads.I can just imagine how many YFZ they would of sold if it was an auto,yammy arent stupid.But Kawisaki arnt stupid either,caus they though:"Hey,lets build a big bore quad for beginers and lamea$$es that cant figure out the complexitys of how to use a clutch" and thus the heaviest automatic sport quad was born...
My first ever bike was a scooter Aprillia Area51 49cc automatic,a year later I got a RiejuRR50cc CastrolSeries(dirtbike),I realised how lame automatics really were,no comparison.
When I was shopping for a quad,I loved the Vforce until I discovered it was a automatic,I still love the looks of it,what a shame...what a waste...

Old 02-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

im not saying u said it was a bad quad but i just didnt understand why u were bashing auto's

Old 02-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

YFZ450..

Old 02-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Banshee392
YFZ450..
Nice looking Blaster you got there Banshee392. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

im not saying u said it was a bad quad but i just didnt understand why u were bashing auto's
autos do have their advantages but if your "hard core sport" then you will most likely have a manual tranny. think about guys in their 30's- 40's who want power performance in a good trail bike. i know your not really trying to bash on the V-force but its not really for pu$$ys. i dont know why a lot of ppl like the V-force's looks. looks kinda square and boxy like a utility to me. still cool in its own way, i guess. i prefer a manual... you can just do things you cant with an auto.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

yeah deff id take a manual over auto ne day on any machine but there are sometimes in ruff trails where i get fatigued after a days riding that i wish i had a autothey should make a quad w/ on demand auto ahaha j/k that would b stupid and pointless

Old 02-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider

yeah deff id take a manual over auto ne day on any machine
AHA!!! Your true inner racer shows itself,LOL! J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

haha shut up just cuz i got a warrior dont mean i cant shift on any other quad hahaha

Old 02-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

well iv made up my mind i want a banshee!! i want a lil peice of history when they stop making them in 06 and w/ some pipes they alrdy go faster then ne of my friends quads