Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

sorry guys but im just to confused

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry about all these question post but this is more of an opions,i think everyone will choose the same being a atv forum but what the hell.ok,i always wanted a dirtbike,but after seeing the 2001 400EX in person,i started to want a 4wheeler.if i get a 4wheeler it will be a banshee,but if i get a dirtbike it will be a YZ 125 or CR,well one of those 125.anyways,im starting to want a dirtbike more,i dont know what i should get now.so,whats everyone opions on what i should do,since this is a atv forum everyone will probably pick the banshee but i still wanna hear opions. Im looking for one with a high speed,fun to ride,good for trails,sugar sand(little dunes),power lines,open feilds.i dont really have that much money to put a bunch of extra money into it to fix all the time so it should be reliable at the same time.could i have peoples opions on what to do,thanks alot,i need help and im sorry for bugging everyone with this.

Old 09-21-2000, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

Go with the best, Go with the Raptor! Not for beginners or the timid!

Old 09-21-2000, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

buy a quad you will probably be happier.

Old 09-21-2000, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have ridden mx bikes since I was 8 ( I rode Kawasaki Kx 80 and 125cc), then we moved to Quebec (so we had to sell the bike). Once here, I chose an ATV because it was new, I never had put my butt on an ATV. I got a banshee (I was looking for a 500 quadzilla, but couldn't find one easily).
Though I have little experience in ATV, I still think I'm able to say valuable conclusions.

First of all, whatever ATV you get, you DRIVE an ATV, while you RIDE a bike.
Last week end, I went ATVing all day long, fast, and I wasn't even tired! With my MX bike, I had a hard time going fast for more than 5 laps (10mn), on an MX track, it's true.
Riding a bike is much more physical than an ATV, caus' if you don't concentrate on what you're doing, you'll fall! On an ATV, you won't fall.
So, yo have to figure out yourself if you want to ride to have fun, or to evacuate all the stress life brings (that's nicely said, ain't it?).
On the other hand, If it's mu8ddy, you're gonna have a hard time on a bike (especially on a 125).
If you like jumps, go for the bike.If you want to have fun jumpin' (going for 8a nacnac on a double, for example), forget the ATV.
Let me explain myself. Sure, o2n magazines, I see as well as you do, guys jumpin on their ATVs. But the main problem is that when y2ou jump an ATV, you better have two similar portions of jump (one for each wheel). That's really r2are, even on a real MX track. Obvious that with a bike, you just need a few inches...that means you can jump high and far where ever you want.
Last thing, falling off a bike is much less dangerous. I fell down some times with the bike, some times I also received the bike "in my face", but never was really hurt. I'm scared about falling my banshee, and getting rolled over by this 400 pound machine...
One thing is that you can have fun and be fast very quickly with an ATV...being fast and easy on a bike takes more time

Those are the main differences between an ATV and a bike (in my opinion).
I hope it will help.

You better tell us what you get, once you decided!

Old 09-22-2000, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

Sorry but i dont agree on the jumping. I jump 65+ foot doubles just fine. IT`t not hard to strighten out your ATV in the air. SO jumping off unever take offs isnt that big of a deal.

Old 09-22-2000, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

One other thing to keep in mind is where are ya going to ride. I live in Oklahoma and well we have grass lands in alot of areas that I ride and well saw grass isn't fun on my legs when I rode a motorcycle, so I now ride atvs and in the process of getting my raptor.

Old 09-22-2000, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

First of all, whatever ATV you get, you DRIVE an ATV, while you RIDE a bike.
Last week end, I went ATVing all day long, fast, and I wasn't even tired! With my MX bike, I had a hard time going fast for more than 5 laps (10mn), on an MX track, it's true.
Riding a bike is much more physical than an ATV, caus' if you don't concentrate on what you're doing, you'll fall! On an ATV, you won't fall.

Hmmmmmm...and you say you ride a banshee

I have a great time riding My banshee...I can manage to fall too.

My opinion....Because of the weight of the quad, I have become a stronger and more aware rider than when I used to ride the bikes. Jumping, going fast and all around riding takes just as much concentration as a dirt bike.

Old 09-22-2000, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

ok,thanks for everyones opions,im going to ride my freinds dirtbike today,he is going to ride his 400EX,maybe i could get him to let me ride it,but ill see how i like the bike,and maybe the quad. i have always wanted a dirtbike,but like zorro said,he has been riding bike for a long time and found he liked quads better so maybe ill like the quad better. and as for jumping right now,im not going to attempt,i wanna get use to whatever i decide on and i doubt ill be jumping it soon so im not worrying about that.thanks for everyones opions, ill start thinking about the banshee again and ill let you guys know what i decide on.

Old 09-22-2000, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

and another thing, you can put a girl and a picnic lunch on an atv, you can't do that with a dirt bike! everything fun doesn't involve air time!

Old 09-22-2000, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

im gonna buy my freinds bike.its a 1986 YZ 80.it runs fine,nothing wrong with it.im gonna just buy new plastic for it,make it look a little newer.i rode it today,i like dirtbikes,and since i could afford this one im gonna get it.it is fast enough for me,they said i poped a 3 foot wheelie going down my street,i was just about fully open on the throttle and then the powerband kicked in,i didnt feel the front go up the much but i know it went up(just not that high).anyways,so im gonna buy his soon.like i said,it is fast enough for me,it goes about 65 but it feels way faster for me im happy with the speed it has. the bike is borded out a little,and some other stuff,so it goes faster then what a stcok one would go(atleast of the same year).im gonna try to find a job,get the job,save up money.by the time i get enough money saved up,ill be use to the speed and would want to go faster so ill get a banshee or 125 dirtbike.anyways,i said ill let you guys know.lol im really sorry i went threw this trouble about quads and i ended up getting a dirtbike but thats how it goes,thanks for everyones help anyways,bye

Quick Reply: sorry guys but im just to confused