Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Alba Ported Cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone out there run the Alba ported cylinders on their Banshee? If so, what do you think about them? Worth the investment? I have done all of the bolt on stuff. Are the performance gains from porting that great or should I shift gears and throw my money towards modifing/improving my suspension instead? I am now considering their ported cylinders as a final engine modification but would like to get some real input from someone who has tried them before I buy. Thanks.

Old 09-23-2000, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

I would suggest you NOT get them... they are ported by a guy/shop named Samco. I took a look at them and there really isn't anything special about what he does. I would rather have my cylinders ported at a better speed shop like Port Magic or another place with a well know rep. I'm not sure if Alba gives you the cylinders and you don't have to send yours in as a core. If you don't have to send yours in I would say the 450 bucks are worth it since you always have your stock ones incase of problems. I live 3 mins from Alba... bought my Banshee from them and have nothing against them. I just think you could find better for the same price.

Old 09-23-2000, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Had Alba do some porting work on my old banshee and the difference is dramatic assuming you have done all the bolt ons...It made my new Raptor feel slow...Sure do miss that banshee and a 4 stroke will never replace that empty feeling I have but I sure love the reverse!