Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

05 kodiak overfenders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 kodiak overfenders?

Yes, I wanted to put the winch on before the bumper but I knew I didn't have enough time and I really wanted to see the bumper on. Actually I won't have to take it all off when I put the winch on. I just need to take off a few screws and rotate the bumper forward. FYI, the bumper is a Yamaha factory accessory and fits over the stock bumper. They make an awesome one for the rear too which I will be getting soon.

I ordered it and the overfenders from a Canadian dealer as you can't get them yet from US dealers. I talked to Rob at Snow City Cycle 877-766-9248.

I only have one overfender on so far so I can't comment yet on their effectiveness. I have aftermarket tires on type 5 ITP wheels and they stick out far. The front overfenders will fully cover the tire but the backs will still stick out a bit. If you run a stock setup the overfenders should cover all tires perfectly. I will post more pics of the rears when I get them on.

and finally, it's not that I like to run over stuff but more that I ride with people who always seem to be running into me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info! Is it hard to put the overfenders on? Is there instructions provided and do u have to do any drilling? Yes when you get them on I want to take a look. Wonder how much of the look it changes? I like the look of it now. So your saying if I get any after market tires on the stock rims I will still need over fenders? I would love to be able to get new tires/rims and them not stick out any more. Guess its not possible huh? Maybe I should design some rims that do just that and would be rich..Yeah right.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Apparently most aftermarket wheels stick out very far on quads with IRS. I got very muddy even with stock wheels and tires so if you get aftermarket I would definitely look into overfenders. They are easy to put on but you do need to drill. There are 28 screws total and you have to drill 24 holes. I found it to be a two man job - one to hold, one to screw.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

After pics:

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

Old 04-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Irish thanks for the pics... They look very nice on there. Let me know when you get a chance to try them out in some mud and how the do for ya. Do your rear tires still extend somewhat past the overfenders? I emailed Snow City Cycle Marine and got a price quote. The cost is $165.95 CAD. P/N ATV1D9660000. Shipping costs will be about $40. So total plus shipping is about $169USD . Not bad

Old 04-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

irishmackerel, those fender flares and front bumper look awesome. That has to be the best looking bumper yet on a Kodiak... looks like I need to do some more saving for another accessory. Are your Wetlands 25"s or 26"s? How do you like the Wetlands? I have recently bought a new set, and have about 150 miles on mine and really happy with them.Great looking Kodiak.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

thanks. best part about that bumper is that since it is a Yamaha factory accessory, it fits on nice and easy.

The wetlands are 26's. I haven't really had the chance to test them yet and as of last night I'm not sure when I will. My brand new kodiak will no longer shift!
It is currently stuck in park. My gut tells me the linkage might have come lose so I am going to check that out tonight.

If I get it fixed anytime soon, I will give a full report on the tires as soon as I can.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Range Rover

That stinks, that is the first problem that I have heard of like that. Hopefully that it is just the linkage problem. I just checked out the Yamaha factory web site and didn't see the bumper you have. They maybe slow in updating the site, and my dealer will have it available. What was the price so I will know how much to plan on spending? Thanks for your input...Bruce

Old 04-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

I'll have to look at the price for you when I get home. It was in Canadian dollars but you shouldn't have a problem finding a conversion.

Yes, the shift problem sucks! It always was a little difficult getting it to get in certain gears, but yesterday it didn't want to shift out of H. After screwing with it for a bit it got stuck in reverse! Finally I got it in Park but then couldn't get it out. I had to drag it back into the garage - and let me tell you that wasn't easy.

Oh well, I will check the bolt on the linkage. I have a feeling it is loose or has come off.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

Irish, great pictures. In fact they are so nice, I called Snow City and ordered the same thing. The front bumper that they refer to as a Bush Bar Kit (ATV 1D9451000) is 363.85 Canadian and the Over Fenders (ATV1D9660000) are 165.95 Canadian plus shipping. NO tax out of Canada.

Quick Reply: 05 kodiak overfenders?