Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

05 kodiak overfenders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 kodiak overfenders?

Cool! I am going to get the rear bumper next. Rob @ Snow City owes me a case of some premium Canadian beer I think!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

I was wondering if there may be a little gratitude shown if people start calling in to order because of your pictures;-) I spoke with Rob and Matt, both.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

problem solved. it was the nut connecting the linkage to the trans. Thanks guys.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer

Irish, you mentioned 20+ screw holes to install the over fenders. I was just wondering what you thought about installing them with those push in clips that Honda uses? If you were to put pressure on the over fenders going between trees, etc, they would give where if they were screwed on, you may tear something. Just a middle of the night thought?

Old 04-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

that may be a good idea but the screws sure do give it a nice clean look. And as a guy that used to own a Honda, I sure did hate those push pins. Now, having said that, I will be wishing I used them if I ever do any serious damage caused by my screwed on overfenders.

One more thought - the hole you would have to drill for the push pin would be significantly larger than the hole for the screws. Not sure how that influences you....

Old 04-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

<<One more thought - the hole you would have to drill for the push pin would be significantly larger than the hole for the screws. Not sure how that influences you....>>

I did think about that but I think the push pins would give it a clean look as did the screws. Anyway, thanks again for letting us know where these things were available. I bought this Kodiak for female friends to use when they came to visit so I'm really excited about getting the brush guard on, as you can imagine. LOL

Old 04-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

no problem, good luck. Also, not a bad idea to jack the quad up and take off the front tires when drilling for the front overfenders. Lets you get at it at a much better angle. Have one person hold the overfender in place while another drills. I also recommend doing one hole at a time, meaning drill then put in the screw or push pin then move on to the next.

The front bumber you can have installed in about 30 minutes or less. It was very easy. Attach the bottom screws to the u bolts first, then do the top screws.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

I think the push pin idea would not seal the overfender TIGHT enough. It would let mud and dirt get in between. I remember on here a guy with an 03 or 04 with the overfenders saying if he had it to do over again he would have laid a bead of silocone down between the two just do keep the crud out. So how do I order from these Cananda guys. Do I just use my credit or debit card like I would here. Do they speak english. Some of them guys dont like us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

Call Rob at Snow City Cycle 877-766-9248.

They take whatever kind of payment you want. I used my credit card and it gets converted to US Dollars.

If it makes you feel any better, Rob told me he has a condo in St. Petersburg, FL. So, I guess he likes us Americans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

To go along with what Irish said, Rob and Matt are two of the nicest guys you could deal with when ordering. You will need access to a fax machine when ordering so keep that in mind. I called Kinko's and got there fax number and made the transaction there. If you don't have a fax, get a number from someone or someplace that does before calling in your order.

Quick Reply: 05 kodiak overfenders?