Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Making a blaster beat some other quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a blaster beat some other quads

"want any what of a trail bike, just a drag bike"
Then forget the shocks, axle, and a arms. Wider isnt for drag racing. What you will need though is a drag pipe. The problem with that is since they offer the cylinder with an MX pipe included, it probably isnt tuned for a drag pipe. Might need new porting too. HP does win drags, just not useless peaky hp. You need a fat enough hp curve so you can actually use it and stay in it.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
"want any what of a trail bike, just a drag bike"
Then forget the shocks, axle, and a arms. Wider isnt for drag racing. What you will need though is a drag pipe. The problem with that is since they offer the cylinder with an MX pipe included, it probably isnt tuned for a drag pipe. Might need new porting too. HP does win drags, just not useless peaky hp. You need a fat enough hp curve so you can actually use it and stay in it.
Exactly, that's why I told him to go with the CPI big bore pipe and the HWD kit which is ALOT cheaper, and the G3 reeds and lightened flywheel will make that bike accelerate and decelerate alot quicker. And get the CPI pipe and pass on the LRD I guess. The HWD sponsored riders are starting to use CPI's to go with their motors..

Old 03-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Range Rover

with the 240 and everything will it be hard to keep the front down, aka needing an extended swing arm, or if i lean forward enough will i be able to keep it down just find. This slows my bros 700 down alot because that thing has SO much power it just wants to go into the air.. its so hard to keep the tires down in a drag.. especially with ppl on the back.. haha dragging with ppl on the back.. yah.. Anyway.. I dont want a TOTAL drag bike.. i just want something to beat the others with.. but i still wanna be able to drive to the field on the trail.. not a hard trail thou... Anyway.. i think im gonna go with the mods banshee suggested... I dont ride with the YFZ too much so i should be able to be king of the field again.. Do you think it'll be hard to beat the KFX? i know my old blaster beat the 400ex.. which only looses to the 700 by a length or two... so i should be alright.. my old blaster didnt have too too much into it. Thanks yall. Keith

Old 03-24-2005, 03:15 AM
Range Rover

Would a 35mm kehein carb be any better? My friend has a brand new one never used that he said he'll sell me.. As long as its not worse ill prolly get that from him. Thanks

Old 03-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Range Rover

Also... Which order would be best to put those parts on.. Like.. if i bought them one at a time..

Old 03-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NECTrider
Would a 35mm kehein carb be any better? My friend has a brand new one never used that he said he'll sell me.. As long as its not worse ill prolly get that from him. Thanks
Ok yes I would HIGHLY recommend lenthening your stock swingarm +3 with these mods. Blasterzone can do this for you for $150..HERE..And the 35mm carb will work too, you will have to buy a larger intake manifold to accomodate the carb also, which you can buy from HWD.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:26 AM
Range Rover

Yah it needs a diff. throttle cable too.. thanks for everything

Old 03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

"Horsepower doesn't win drags Torque does"

Would the Long Rod Crankshaft Kit from HWD, which comes with the lightened fly wheel be a good idea:

"add gobs of torque to your Blaster with great high rpm revving power "

Long Rod Crankshaft Kit from HWD

Old 03-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

"and last is the 10oz reduced version which is perfect for the drag and dune people that want the high rev for wide open riding that need to be in the powerband constantly and are not concerned with low end engine response."

Would that be the best HWD Lightend Flywheel to get, the choices are 5, 8 and 10 oz. You can read about them in the HWD link in the last one.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Why not send a CT cylinder to HWD to be ported? Im sure it has more to work with than the stock cylinder. Personally though I would send it to one of the top banshee or 250r builders.

Quick Reply: Making a blaster beat some other quads