Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Making a blaster beat some other quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a blaster beat some other quads

The CT kit is ported, but is very restricted in its capibilities. Almost any engine builder, including HWD would port it for you.

The Problem with the CT package is it usues Nikasil style cylinder which is short for Nickle/Silicon. It is a hard coating that is applied to the inner surface of an aluminum cylinder, the advantage to it is it will never wear out of round and you can stay the stock size for the life of the bike, occasionally the Nikasil does need honed, but rarely, and if it does, it has to be honed with a diamond stone hone. But the disavantages. If a piece of piston of ring is let loose in the cylinder it WILL destroy the Nikasil coating, it will then need to be resleeved with an aluminum sleeve and recoated, which is quite expensive, and the Nikasil can also start to flake around the ports like chrome does off a bumper, they claim that the Nikasil runs cooler, but nothing that will gain noticable power.

One thing that you need to remember is any bike is capiable of beating another. You can gear a stock blaster up to go 150mph, but the problem is you need the HP to be able to pull it. Just adding mods along dosn't really increase the speed of your machine. It's when you start getting into gear changes because of the added power that increases your top MPH.

If your going with a big bore engine set-up the best choice will be the CPI because it is specifially designed for the increase in CC's. However, with that being said, the LRD is one of the top pipes on a stock bore engine. Plus it's got a cool right hand design.

If you want to see some pictures of Hollywood Dirt porting I have them in my profile along with a complete mod list. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Shav-

Old 03-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a blaster beat some other quads

Originally posted by: Shav0
The CT kit is ported, but is very restricted in its capibilities. Almost any engine builder, including HWD would port it for you.

The Problem with the CT package is it usues Nikasil style cylinder which is short for Nickle/Silicon. It is a hard coating that is applied to the inner surface of an aluminum cylinder, the advantage to it is it will never wear out of round and you can stay the stock size for the life of the bike, occasionally the Nikasil does need honed, but rarely, and if it does, it has to be honed with a diamond stone hone. But the disavantages. If a piece of piston of ring is let loose in the cylinder it WILL destroy the Nikasil coating, it will then need to be resleeved with an aluminum sleeve and recoated, which is quite expensive, and the Nikasil can also start to flake around the ports like chrome does off a bumper, they claim that the Nikasil runs cooler, but nothing that will gain noticable power.

One thing that you need to remember is any bike is capiable of beating another. You can gear a stock blaster up to go 150mph, but the problem is you need the HP to be able to pull it. Just adding mods along dosn't really increase the speed of your machine. It's when you start getting into gear changes because of the added power that increases your top MPH.

If your going with a big bore engine set-up the best choice will be the CPI because it is specifially designed for the increase in CC's. However, with that being said, the LRD is one of the top pipes on a stock bore engine. Plus it's got a cool right hand design.

If you want to see some pictures of Hollywood Dirt porting I have them in my profile along with a complete mod list. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Shav-
Great post as always shav0 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]