Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Making a blaster beat some other quads

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a blaster beat some other quads

So we have this field that we race in, its a mile long, and i used to be king of the field, cause all i had to race against was a 250ex, a stock blaster, a 400 ex, a 300ex, and a warrior, and a buncha utilitys, mostly all stock, except for a few things. My blaster was highly modded and was so light that even the 400ex couldnt beat me. Well then i hit a log.. lol.. and wrecked it pretty good, and broke my two wrists. Well then people started to ride other places but they are all back. Well i just bought another blaster. I'm selling an old truck of mine and a few old toys, and putting alot money into the blaster. I dont want any what of a trail bike, just a drag bike, for i have 2 utilitys for that jazz. So heres the deal, im gonna put the following things into the blaster, and i wanna know if it will beat the quads in the list at the bottom of this post.
-CT 240 Sonic Complete Package (Dyno chart says 40.7 hp)
-K&N
-Reed Spacer
-Works Front Shocks w/ resevoir
-Extended Swing Arm +3"
-+2-4" Axle
-38 Tooth Rear Sprocket
-Snyder Motorsports Intake Manifold
-Alot of other crap.. but it all has to do with looks and plastics and brakes and such... but the stuff listed above should be all that im ordering that will change the race results

The quads ill be racing are:
-KFX 700
-YFZ 450
-250,300,&400ex
-Stock Blasters
-KFX400
-Raptor 350 & 660
-Eton 50.. LMAO

IDK about the 450, but will I beat the rest, and will i keep up with the 450? According to CT racing, stock the 450's only have 33.1 HP, compared to the 40.1 HP the blaster would have with that, plus the blaster is lighter, isnt it? All the quads are stock, except for the 250ex, but i can beat him already so thats no worry. So yah, give me your opinions and if I cant beat all these quads, which can i beat, which cant i, and which i be about the same as? And what can i do to it except for the mods listed above to make it faster enough to beat those quads? I guess its just a thing with me.. i dont like to be beat much.. but i dont have the money for new $7000 quads like some ppl (cough V-force cough)

Thanks yall, Keith

Old 03-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Nevermind on the intake manifold, the kit comes with it. wow, the kit comes with alot!

Old 03-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

hp isnt everything. i dont see beating the 450. sorry but i just dont. ive never ridin a 700 or with anyone with a 700 so idk how fast they really are, but i do ride with 450rs and those are some fast freakin bikes. idk about a raptor 660 eaither. the others should be ok.... unless there modded. it seems like u got a good ammount of money to spend.... maby u should look for a banshee or somethin instead of a blaster.... that would be the most bang for the buck... IMO

Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

Yah i was thinking that too.. IDK i kinda wanna shock ppl with a blaster.. It'd be a funny pleasure for me..lol.. the 700 is crazy fast! Maybe not top speed.. but the acceleration is CRAZY cuz of the auto tranny. 0-60 in VERY low. It gives you that crazy feeling when you gun it. Its like on the movies when ppl hit the NOS and everything around you goes blurry.. its like that... STOCK! Really crazy. Anyway.. just wanted to see if i could get that out of a Blaster.. i guess not prolly without putting too much money in.. enough $ to buy a shee. So ive never dragged a shee.. only ridden around on the road n such.. How are they compared to those quads? What would it need to beat the YFZ, or can it keep up stock? We'll see.. Still think it would be cool to shock ppl with a blaster but that is alot of $. Thanks

Old 03-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Horsepower doesn't win drags Torque does...Thats why 250R can keep up with 350 Banshees....Shav0 has a Hollywood Dirt 240 kit w/ alot of extras and his flies! I think HWD is the best and i havn't heard anything bad about them.
Oh yea with a good 240 kit, you can easily beat both types of KFZ, all the exs, the raptors but the 450s could give you a run for your money just because it is the quickest of them all but you should be able to outrun the stock ones and maybe even lightly modded. Good luck with your decision

Old 03-24-2005, 01:11 AM
Range Rover

So do you think this hollywood dirt 240 it better then the ct racing one? I already have an FMF pipe and silencer.. brand new.. and a diff. reed cage.. So i dont neccisarily need all the stuff in that kit.. but it would be nice to have it all.. Anyway.. does anyone know how the 240 kits compare.. and also where could i find this hollywooddirtproductions.com? that address didnt work and i googled it and all that happend was it sent me back to here.. so whats the website.. and if there isnt one how much does it cost/ what does it come with, and is it better then the ct racing one? Thanks yall- Keith

Old 03-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NECTrider
So do you think this hollywood dirt 240 it better then the ct racing one? I already have an FMF pipe and silencer.. brand new.. and a diff. reed cage.. So i dont neccisarily need all the stuff in that kit.. but it would be nice to have it all.. Anyway.. does anyone know how the 240 kits compare.. and also where could i find this hollywooddirtproductions.com? that address didnt work and i googled it and all that happend was it sent me back to here.. so whats the website.. and if there isnt one how much does it cost/ what does it come with, and is it better then the ct racing one? Thanks yall- Keith
HWD The hwd 240 kit puts a bigger sleeve into your EXISTING cylinder and the CT one gives you a NEW one. Also the CT one makes 1-2 more hp because of the triple exhaust ports but the ct kit IMO is mildly ported so that comes into play. And the HWD 240 kit is 600 compared to $895 (CT 240 kit is $795 on HWD's site) So id have to pic HWD overall because they have FLAWLESS porting work and their motors rip!!Also to go along with the 240 kit I would suggest a your flywheel being lightened to 8 ounces(hwd), 34mm kehein carb, UNI filter, G3 reeds, and a new pipe such as CPI or LRD, because your pipe doesnt react well to a highly modified motor as the brands I listed. And when all of this done you will be able to beat all the quads listed other than the YFZ450..(Im pretty sure you will beat the KFX400).

Hope I helped,

Banshee392

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2005, 02:34 AM
Range Rover

So who makes the CPI pipe and the LRD pipe? I tried google but i cant find a good answer. While your at it who makes g3 reeds and are they better then V-Force reeds?... And by G3 Reeds do you mean just the reeds or the reeds and the cage? Thanks a whole bunch.. The CT Racing kit would be 1500 with all the stuff (click the link in the first post) This will be like.. a little less then that i think. Is it gonna be better do you know? Thanks, Keith

Old 03-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NECTrider
So who makes the CPI pipe and the LRD pipe? I tried google but i cant find a good answer. While your at it who makes g3 reeds and are they better then V-Force reeds?... And by G3 Reeds do you mean just the reeds or the reeds and the cage? Thanks a whole bunch.. The CT Racing kit would be 1500 with all the stuff (click the link in the first post) This will be like.. a little less then that i think. Is it gonna be better do you know? Thanks, Keith
CPI RACING BLASTER PIPE (Click here) and LRD BLASTER PIPE (click here) The best reed valve system for the blaster, yes even better than Vforce..(Click here) IMO with the $600 HWD 240 kit, 8 ounce lightened flywheel, 34mm carb, filter, new pipe (CPI or LRD), and g3 reeds would be cheaper than the CT kit and would be faster and pull harder than it also.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Range Rover

Wow.. only $255.. Thats awesome.. Is that the best pipe i could buy to go with the HWD kit? Or is the LRD one better? Thanks for everything, Keith

Quick Reply: Making a blaster beat some other quads