Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster for 14 year old girl?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster for 14 year old girl?

My daughter is in need of a 4wheeler. I have a 2000 Warrior that she rode a little bit, but we only did som easy terrain because I think its a bit big. I am going to sell it, and I was thinking of a blaster.

Stock, are these things very fast? Also, are they wheelie happy? I am not looking for somthing fast, I just want her to cruise with me on my Banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the response, I am asking because I have NEVER ridden one.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

They are pretty quik and very light not sure it would be my choice. Think id go with like a 250ex with sport body if just wanting something easy to ride but fun to cruise moderate trails on. Just depends on what your looking for but from what you said dont think a blaster is what you want.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I think you should consider keeping the warrior. She probably just needs some time to get used to it. What does she think?

The warrior has nice features like reverse and electric start. This is much nicer than having to kick a blaster and then jump off and turn it around. If you downgrade to a smaller quad she may end up wanting a bigger machine in a year or two.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Blaster is smaller than the Warrior but still big enough to keep riding for many years. I think it just matters on her riding style.... If she is kind of new to using a manual clutch/shift ATV you may want to teach her on the Warrior first since 4cycles are a little more friendly when it comes to learning a clutch. I'm not sure how wheelie happy a stock Blaster is but if you make the rear sock really soft it helps with keeping the front end on the ground.. unless your going up a steep hill then it can backfire on you. Stock/Used blasters are pretty cheap so you could keep both of them around for a while and see what you like.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

what about a mjoave?? my ex g/f has a mojave and it's just right for her.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

To tell you the truth I LOVE YAMAHA!!!
Cmon guys, were in the YAMAHA forum, dont tell me to buy a HONDA hahahah.

I now have : 2000 WARRIOR / 2000 BANSHEE

Shes decent on clutch, and also rides the XR80 pretty good (yah my son has a Honda)

She doesn't like the color of the warrior (hahahha its white/red), and things its to big. She fits nice on the Yamaha Blaster that we looked at in the dealership, but I have never driven one. She is about 125 LBS, so she's not a tiny little thing.

Thanks for the replies, and keep em coming

Old 03-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

If she is ok with clutch and leave it stock atleast for now she probally do fine on a blaster. Might have her try sitting on a raptor 350 i know its basically a warrior but it does have a sportier sit to it which might make it feel not so big to her. Those really only 2 choices from yamaha if want a sport model. How she feel about utility quads

Old 03-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

I would stay with the warrior.. way better on the trails than a blaster, plus it has reverse.. just give her a lil time to get used to it.. besides.. in a year or so she will get borred of the small blaster.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Just think of a smaller lighter warrior with less torque. The last time I rode one I couldnt get it to wheelie unless I forced it to, then again im 240lbs and it probably wasnt happy to have me on it.
You might try removing the front fenders from the warrior then see if she still thinks it feels to big (unbolt em and take em off). If she thinks its shrunk and is about the right size then trim em. I always noticed my warrior felt like it had shrunk a ton when I took the front fenders off, they are what makes up most of the large bulky look.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Stock blasters arnt that wheelie happy unless you purposly make them. I say get the blaster and keep a hold of the ol classic warrior.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: blaster for 14 year old girl?