Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bruin Brakes --New Atv--

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruin Brakes --New Atv--

There will always be a big differnce between the Back brakes and the rear, but she might be doing somthing else to make such a great differnce. Is she using the footpeg for the back break cause if thats the case that makes ALL WHEELS STOP, while the front left is for the front and the front right is for Back. Also you say that your bruin doesnt stop as well as the Kodiak. Which ATV is newer, and if yours is newer, i would get some more Brake fluid. And if worse comes to worse bring it to the dealership and see if they can fix it and if it is still under warrentte.

Tbone

Old 04-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruin Brakes --New Atv--

Hello All,

As promised here is the resolution i found for the eeeech squeaking brakes. The rears were disassembled and cleaned (again!) but this time i found the culprit. water/goo leaks in at the castellated nut on the end of the axle. After lubing the seals and bearings with nlg2 moly, i loaded the end of the axle with dielectric grease. Then set the washer and applied the castellated nut and cotter. Also (maybe as important) I coated the outside of the inner drum with disk brake lubricant. The fronts were just like any auto... apply disk brake lube to the backs of the pads and the caliper slide rais. PROBLEM GONE!
Ridden 150 mi of pure hell since. Quiet as a Honda. :-; Thanks for all the replies.

Beagles