Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Picked up warrior today **HELP PLEASE**

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up warrior today **HELP PLEASE**

Hey all, I picked my 2001 Warrior up today, for those of you that dont know I traded a 2004 Suzuki ltz 250 for it even. Anyway I took it out tonight, for the frist 10 minutes it was awesome, huge power difference than my ltz250. Then I hit a small mud / water hole, came out of it, attempted to pull away and through all gears I started bogging a little bit. After about 10 minutes it went away and the throttle response was back. Do you think this was caused by the plug getting wet, once it dried things seemed that they were fine? Or should I be concerned? My buddy said I probably need to change the plug?

Now I am sorry for being so stupid, but how hard is it to change the plugs? CAn someone briefly walk me through it, or more importantly is there anything I should def not do?

Or this a common warrior issue if it gets wet???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

well its not hard to change the plug and if your gonan think changin a plug is hard a i highly recommend u pic up a cymler manual!

Old 04-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Range Rover

OK, I understand what your saying man, but I never said I thought it was hard. I have never ever done it, that is why I am asking. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. I highly doubt it is so hard that I need a manual. I was just thinking someone would take a few minutes and give me any tips I need to know. I was also wondering if the issue with my bogging was prone to warriors when they get wet.

but thanks anyway

Old 04-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

When changing your Plug the main thing you need to be careful of is not droping it. and make sure your gap is right. you might have to call your dealer to find out what the gap is.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have never had a problem with mine , never been in a deep mud hole but been real wet and muddy, On left side of bike if looking at it you will find the wire to spark plug behind front fender just need a deep socket to take out and put new one in, just dont tighten new one much past hand tight it will break. Have to gap the plug i believe it is 0.6 to 0.7 mm for warrior but might check that first, then plug wire back on that is it.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

i wasent saying it as a u cant be a mechanic but more as u have a warrior they have some electrical problems and when yur changing a spark plug there are many thing u can mess up lik torque, not havin threads line up and your gap are just a few and i think no matter wat u should get the manual its a huge help doing ne thing

Old 04-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

Go to http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/
This is an online service manual. Just click ATV parts,the year of your warrior, and the model at the top and then go to cylinder head. It shows you where everything is including the spark plug. I run through alot of mud with my 01 warrior and i have never had this problem. I did get water and mud where the air filter is causing it to miss. All you gotta do is take aloose the drain seal on the bottom of the intake to get all that out.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the info guys, and thanks 2phast4u for gicing me a lil more detail.

Awesome guys

thanks

Old 04-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

Dumb ?, but what is TORS?

Old 04-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

Tors is Throttle over ride system..From how you explained your problem happened I think it may be your E-brake..There is a little mechanism in there that prevent's the engine from reving when the ebrake is applied. Sometime's if water get's up in the ebrake it connect's the current and make's the bike think the ebrake is applied when it actually is not.. When this happen's the bike will not rev and act like a plug is fouled.. My blaster did the same thing and this is what the problem turned out to be..A way to check is if it does it again, blow it out real good with compressed air..If it start's right up and act's like it should this is the problem.. then you will have to shell out about 15 buck's for a ebrake block off kit.. Hope this work's for ya..

Also if it turn's out that it was a plug make sure you screw the plug in hand tight and then torque to the correct specification's..If you Start it with a socket instead of your finger's you run the risk of strippin/cross threading your hole. If u do this you will have to have the helicoil retapped..So just to save you a little cash make sure you alway's start them with your finger's

letha(--)

Quick Reply: Picked up warrior today **HELP PLEASE**