Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BIG QWESTION HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS AND DOES LOL IM NEW AT THIS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG QWESTION HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS AND DOES LOL IM NEW AT THIS

ya if anyone could help me out thanks a million ok im tryin to take the carb off of a 04 yfz450 to clean it and all...and like on the side of the pipe there is that line that comes down and goes to the carb...that line goes up to the little thing that says yamaha by your right hand...what does that line do and how do i get that off or do i take it off? or like what and there is the other line that is on the other side that goes to the top of the engine what does that do im sorry for bein dumb *** this but the reason i did it cuz it is studdering like when u get goin it sounds like it wants to just die like its not gettin enough gas and all..and i changed the spark plug cuz i thought that was goin to be the prob...but it was not and it still does it i just need to get the carb off and try cleanin that and if that dont work i was wantin to kno if u guys had any ideas and all thanks alot takein the time to read this and all hope u guys can help me out thanks

Old 04-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

That little line is your throttle cable. I cannot believe you dont know what that is. Do not bend or pull it because if you do, your throttle will stick or entirely quit moving. What to do is where it goes into the carbeurater there should be a large plastic cap. unscrew it and the cable is connected to a large moving cylinder. Just pull it out and thats it unless its some new design different from every carb ive ever seen. You can find descriptive pictures on the internet to show you how to do stuff like that.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

ya ok sorry not knowin as much as u guys but thats why i thought they had these froums and stuff...unless its just to talk about or see witch one is faster and all the kinda stuff..but what if i pulled it i mean...how do i kno if i did or not like....there is a like stainless steal one on it and like a nut in front of that touchin the carb so ya i dont kno if thats the right one...do u kno what else it could be if thats not it if u dont want to help its kool just askin i mean it just stuters in every gear unless u have it wide open and all thanks alot talk to you lguys later

Old 04-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

before you go through all that trouble clean the air filter and air filter box. That fixed my 350 Warrior

Old 04-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like you reaally dont know what your doing, have a friend that does help you out or just bring it to a dealer or cycle shop. you mite end up causing more problems than you fix. beleive me it has happened to me before.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah i agree with emac. I'd let someone who fully understands what they're doing take a little look-see at it. If i knew what the design was on it i would give more assistance, but i do not fully know what im looking at if ive never seen it.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hey andrew, why dont ut ry on ebay or something and try adn find a service manual, so u know what yur doing. u can try ebay, or i think u can find one at rockymountainatv.com. jmo.

Old 04-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys

Old 04-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garrett5462
hey andrew, why dont ut ry on ebay or something and try adn find a service manual, so u know what yur doing. u can try ebay, or i think u can find one at rockymountainatv.com. jmo.
You can also get a manual at your local dealer. Does anyone know if Clymer is making a manual for it yet?