Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior.... Questions please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior.... Questions please help

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]Alrighty I am 13 years old and 130 pounds. I have riding experience but not with warriors will I wiegh enough to do a wheelie without the clutch? like without slipping the clutch i mean?

And will they handle Hard trails or about 10-15 foot high jumps? ANd what + size swing arm do you suggest? I am thinking a 3 because of my size I dont feel like flipping but i am not sure

Old 04-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

dude calm down even super heavy ppl cant to wheelies u need to practice to do wheelies u cant just hop on one and say "WHELLIE" and expect the wheels to come off the ground and r u sure about 10-15 ft jumps? wat r u doing freestyle or mx?? damn and wat the hell r u talking abiut wat + size swing arm u will never need a + swign arm for a warrior unless your dragging and have major major motor mods and if u get a + swing arm y wont b able too wheelie o and if i were u i would start out on lik a trx 90 or sumthing

P.S. now i no why theres that sticker on my quad that says 16+ for quads 90cc or above!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

3 words, You'll Be fine.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: VelociRaptor350
3 words, You'll Be fine.
you got that right.. even tho i have been doing wheelies for a while.. i wouldn't suggest it.. it doesn't allow the oil to flow the the top end and get on all fo the parts.. so don't do it.. ( often)

Old 04-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

ehh i dunno about that no wheelie jibberish ive been doing wheelies on my dirtbikes and quads for a long time and never had any trouble with lack of oil flow.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I rode a 90CC when I was 4 Damnit I have a banshee But I can do wheelies off that easily without slipping the clutch what im saying IS WILL A WARRIOR DO THAT? or will I have too slip the clutch I ride banshees and raptors BUT my father wants my banshee so I have too step down (ARGH)

Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

YEs Ive been doing them since I was 10 But my wieght was always a factor. I had too slip the clutch back then took my like 150 Fricken tries all day too get it right on a raptor (My family has alot of friends with NICE quads I got banshee when i was 12) But I have too give it up because my dad wants too ride now(he used too ride ATC's but he hasnt had one in a long time. and yes My Warrior will have alot of mods full big gun exaust kit it gives you that mid range that u cant usually find on the throttle better hillclimbing as well imma fet it and suspension is a must, I want too put racing plugs and sum nice graphics on it too but that comes later so all together imma spend like 1-2K into it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And I am freestyle Never tried MX. I get 10-15 feet easy on banshee wheelies easy

Old 04-07-2005, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont know what it is about wheelies but they are fun to do on quads They arent meant just for fun either.Out on a trail the ability too pop the front end up a couple feet off the ground will make you a better, more efficie( and in some cases a cleaner) rider[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Questions about wheelies and 10 to 15ft jumps shouldn't be asked in the same post! lol If you don't know about wheelies than wait a bit for the jumps.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I do know about them I can do them I just wanna know if you needa "slip the clutch" or will it just do it when your roling in 1st gear? Banshee's do this quite easy but warrior is half the power so?? and jumps are easy dude [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] U just kinda got too find ur center of balance I only fell 3times on a quad in my life and it was all in the first week i had a banshee lmao I was hill climbing and i Revved too high on accident when I was shifting down poped all the way up and I jumped off the back( so its not really a fall I guess) and the other two wastrail riding and I wasnt in the attack half crouch position when i hit a log I flew right off 2 times same dang log

Quick Reply: Yamaha Warrior.... Questions please help