Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Single Carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2000, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody out there who has or has seen a banshee running a single carb but dual pipes?????

I have a carb problem that requires a new carb body.I'm thining of going single carb cuz it's quicker to tune.But I love my FMF's and hate the sound of the 2 into 1's.

I've ridden the full 2 into 1 kit and was not impressed.But don't recall ever seing a single carb on a dual pipe quad????????

Greg

Old 10-02-2000, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Ive seen one run with only one piston in it. :-)

Old 10-02-2000, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-02-2000, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Trinity Stage 4 manifold with a single 35mm carb, with FMF fatty pipes and Powercore 2 silencers. I love the way my bike runs right now and its way easier to tune than two carbs.

99 Banshee

Old 10-02-2000, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

Yes Graydon Proline offers one, a 35 mm. Very good i got one and it helps wityh bottom end, best get it with reeds, i also fun fmf pipes. And i love it a lot better then two carbs and easier

Old 10-02-2000, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

which reeds?????I already have the boyseen 2 stage reeds.I liked them the best with the dual carb set up but don't know about the single.

I was told today that I would lose "some" top end.......

How much did you guys lose????I'd give little on top for the ease of tuning.

Greg

Old 10-02-2000, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Had a guy bring me one like this...Not quite that bad he shut it off before he broke the rods. He actually brought me the same bike twice with the same problem.....His problem.....
He had stripped the threads on the carb cap....It would get snug but would slowly jump 1 thread at a time loose...Even with clamp in place... Didn't catch it the first time I just thought he mis-aligned the air filter.

Always have said banshee's have more serious damage than any other bike for a given problem....Not cuz they are a bad bike but cuz the'll keep running on one cyl. while the bad piston is trashein the other side.....My moto shut her down at the first sign of trouble and check it out....sometimes that little mis is a fouled plug or loose plug cap but it could also be a bad ring...
Greg

Old 10-03-2000, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

I didnt notice to much and I thought my bike ran perfect, but my cousin who has a ported and polished engine went to the single 38mm and he said he lost plenty of top end, he said that the two stock carbs made his bike faster on the top end,so I think that if you have a ported engine its better to stick with two carbs(stock or bigger). I think you wont be dissappointed with the performance, I was worried also when I first ordered it but after I rode it and found out how easy it was to tune I was very happy with it.]

99 Banshee

Old 10-03-2000, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

I have run the Trinity CV single carb for about five years. Mine came with a 34pj Keihin. I think its great. I usually ride at 5000 to 7000 ft. altitude. Jetting changes are so easy. Picking the right needle jet makes the biggest difference. You can get great throttle response. My secrect to a better top end was to drill out the main jet as large as possible. Make sure it's getting enough fuel. I'm using the FMF pipes, K&N, Boyeseen, Cool Head with 19 domes. Compression with stock piston was 140. Compression with .080 Vito power piston is 150. Found out the hard way that I need to run at least 50/50 race gas with those heads. Runs best with 100% 110 octane race fuel. It is really screaming like a Banshee should right now! The single carb set up works very well with a stock Banshee with pipes.

Old 10-03-2000, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

I've got toomey's and a single carb. I love the low end it has now. As for losing top end, where the heck you going to run one out top end anyway. If your sand draging that's only 100 yds. or so. I rarely get mine in to 6th gear.

Quick Reply: Single Carb