Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

posting important info for everyone. good to know

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default posting important info for everyone. good to know

3M just came out with a substance that has surfaced recently for automobile bumper cover broken,ripped tab repairs. the bumper covers are close to the same plastic as on all atv's and dirtbikes (flexible but strong). if you have ever had a broken/ripped mounting tab on your plastic from an accident, your only choice was to buy new plastic for the correct repair. now, 3M has came out with this milky white substance that must be mixed/ejected through a epoxy gun (available at any decent hardware store). THE BEST PART--> THIS STUFF SETS UP IN 20 SECONDS! yes it *IS* flexable to a point and can repair ANYTHING. you can drill hols in it as well. i was totally amazed last week when i saw the demonstration our tech center. in 30 seconds, it was hot tyo the touch and within one minute, you could drill holes in it and mount it. they are starting to use this stuff in body shops to repair plastic bumper covers that have had the mounting tabs ripped or broken off during slight fender benders instead of buying a whole new cover ($150-$600) because of a broken tab(s). if anyone cant find this stuff on 3M's website, post on here and ill call our tech center and get the exact info. -bean

Old 05-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default posting important info for everyone. good to know

thanks dude i gotta check that crap out