Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

just bought myself a quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought myself a quad

well yesterday me and my dad went to the local dealership to apply for a the big bear 400.. sure enough they ran out of big bears my next choice was a bruin 350 4x4 they were out of them to except 1 in red. I would not take that cause i didnt wanna pay 5000 for something i didnt like you know.. so they called the factory over in new jersey and they were out of big bears cause the 06 models are coming and kodiaks are taking over..luckily they had the bruin 350 in blue and it got shipped to the dealership by me yesterday morning and arrived last night around 6:00 pm but the place closes at 8 so they didnt get to install the battery or w.e.. i put 1000 down and sure enough the manager comes out who was a very close friend to my dad a few years ago they worked together.. he gave me helmet, gloves,boots, goggles, free freight(we dont have a trailer) and gave me a free winch i believe he had that installed too. so today at 11:00 am we call the place up give em directions and by 1 pm itll be in my driveway.. god im so excited just had to express my happiness Very Happy

Old 05-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Hey man, welcome to the forums! Awww nothing more exciting than getting that quad you've been wanting. You should be very well pleased with the Bruin, its a great quad. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal as well. Have some good times on it and be carefull. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer

i really wanted the big bear but im sure ill be happy with this only thing id like to do it get a plow in lets say october-november.. and id like to get a trailtech computer for it im a little upset no speedometer or nothing..god im excited its 1:10 right now and i should get it any minute

Old 05-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

Well its evening. How about an update!

Old 05-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT.. it has everything i want/ need.. its speed isnt bad whatsoever gets ya moving and it feels very fast and i havent even floored it..well when i first got it i was a little nervous/scared.. guy dropped it off told me to fire it up and go for a spin i was very nervousid do something wrong but before i went he explained everything including the gas reservoir and stuff after he left i forgot to turn the gas reservoir to on and it stalled i was so nervous i messed it up already lol but than i realized THANK GOD LOL. i also thought something else happened when i flipped the kill switch and turned it off and when i went to start it i forgot it was off so i was fighting the thing for like 3 minutes till i realized.. the pullstart was very hard i was pulluing when it wouldnt start and god i hope i never have to use that lol. My mom came over(parents divorced) so i took her for a spin on it and she was screaming nervous i was only going max 10mph but nonetheless she is a girly girl so its all good. my dad also drove he was a riot he could not go into reverse or anything.. alota people said dont get utilitys there crappy and slow its not for me its perfect and its what i want...AHH IM EXCITED

Old 05-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Listen sned, how ya doen.

I command you to warm up your new bike every time you wona go for a ride, this is an order.

Now all you have to do is OBEY, lol.

Charles

Old 05-29-2005, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

i do i leave it in neutral for a good minute at the least ive had 4 go-peds(motor scooters) 1 dirtbike long long ago and a go kart all my stuff i kept in good shape except 1 goped and the go kart which i returned thats how i got the 1200.. ANYONE LOOKING AT YERF DOG GO KARTS TURN AWAY NOW THEY ARE CRAP!!!

anyone know how to make the pics fit on my page there all to big