Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

whats a reed value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a reed value?

whats a reed value and were can i find one?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Try google. If you dont have a two stroke forget about it.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

yea its only for two strokes

Old 06-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

ok thanks

Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

while it is only for a two stroke, and judging by you`r "ok thanks" reply you have a 4-stroke, but to answere you question of what is a reed valve,
the reed vlave bolts to the intake of a 2-stroke cyl, the reeds are attaced to a reed block, (usually shaped like a triangle) which is the part that bolts to the cyl, but the basic job of the reed valve is when the piston is moveing up on compression stroke, it opens to allow the air/fuel mix from the carb into the crankcase, but when the piston is on its way back down the reeds close keeping the air/fuel mix from going back into the carb and forcing the mix that was in the crankcase through the ports and into the combustion chamber, which also forces the burned fuel out the exhaust port

Old 06-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

oh thanks

Old 06-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Blastermaster
while it is only for a two stroke, and judging by you`r "ok thanks" reply you have a 4-stroke, but to answere you question of what is a reed valve,
the reed vlave bolts to the intake of a 2-stroke cyl, the reeds are attaced to a reed block, (usually shaped like a triangle) which is the part that bolts to the cyl, but the basic job of the reed valve is when the piston is moveing up on compression stroke, it opens to allow the air/fuel mix from the carb into the crankcase, but when the piston is on its way back down the reeds close keeping the air/fuel mix from going back into the carb and forcing the mix that was in the crankcase through the ports and into the combustion chamber, which also forces the burned fuel out the exhaust port
Hmmmm, could you be a little more "detailed" in your explanation
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LatinoSalvatruco
whats a reed value and were can i find one?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Ask ehlitdew..he has an abundance of knowledge on two strokes..you and him sound like brothers...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: Blastermasterwhile it is only for a two stroke, and judging by you`r "ok thanks" reply you have a 4-stroke, but to answere you question of what is a reed valve, the reed vlave bolts to the intake of a 2-stroke cyl, the reeds are attaced to a reed block, (usually shaped like a triangle) which is the part that bolts to the cyl, but the basic job of the reed valve is when the piston is moveing up on compression stroke, it opens to allow the air/fuel mix from the carb into the crankcase, but when the piston is on its way back down the reeds close keeping the air/fuel mix from going back into the carb and forcing the mix that was in the crankcase through the ports and into the combustion chamber, which also forces the burned fuel out the exhaust port
Hmmmm, could you be a little more "detailed" in your explanation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
what would you like to be more detailed???

Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Blastermaster. I did not know what one did either. (non internal motor wrenching 4 stroke dude here)