Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who is planning on buying the new Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is planning on buying the new Raptor?

I dont think i will be gettin a new raptor. If I spent the 7 grand on my current raptor it would be a freakin rocket

Old 06-16-2005, 02:19 PM
TPR
The Champ

If I were on the market for a new ride, I'd take a hard look at it. Lower, longer wider, more powerful....yeah that is a good combo. I'd guess that given that the DS will make 8-10 hp injected...as the Rotax site implies, the Raptor should see an increase of at least 10-12 hp and up to around 16-18 piped?? That's a nice hill of beans, and that is, if my numbers are correct....

What I like a lot it the split frame design. If you wad up the front of your quad, as long as the cast rear portion is straight, you only have to buy the front section. I see some good evolutionary ideas comming from this quad.

TPR

Old 06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Once again, WOW! I was expecting to see quite a few replies in favor of going right out and buying the new Raptor when it gets here. I even thought that some would want to trade/sell the 660 and go for the 700. Hmmmmm, the 01 Rappy doesn't have anything to do with it, does it??

Old 06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Only reason i dont go out and buy one is because A its to wide for what i want and B i have an 05 that has way to many goodies on it already wich are better than that has. and for a couple thousand i can have WAY more motor and not have to buy all the suspension and crap all over. I may get one in the future. But i need so many other toys first. I need a Ute, I need an MX quad, i need a like a WR450 i need a YSR or NSR 50 i need i need i need. the needs are just never fullfilled are they [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Its all the dirving force to work.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with what OFC said, If you already have a newer quad you would lose to much money in the trade-off. Not to mention having to buy goodies AGAIN. I also agree about the need thing, I'll probably get a thumper MX bike whenever I do get another off-road toy. But "I need" a newer truck someday to, and "I need" a eclosed trailure. So no new toys for a while, even tho "I need" them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Alright, good points fellas. Lets here from the guys and gals in the market for a new quad then. Is the Raptor at the top of the list?? How about the YFZ??

Old 06-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

well i might be getting a brand new quad in about 1-2 months,i'm not sure what to get yet,but right now i would get the yfz over the new raptor.I mean the new raptor is sweet,but IMO there just not all that great compared to the yfz.I'm interested in how it does in the magazine tests and shootouts,it might be really awesome and i might change my mind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
If I were on the market for a new ride, I'd take a hard look at it. Lower, longer wider, more powerful....yeah that is a good combo. I'd guess that given that the DS will make 8-10 hp injected...as the Rotax site implies, the Raptor should see an increase of at least 10-12 hp and up to around 16-18 piped?? That's a nice hill of beans, and that is, if my numbers are correct....

What I like a lot it the split frame design. If you wad up the front of your quad, as long as the cast rear portion is straight, you only have to buy the front section. I see some good evolutionary ideas comming from this quad.

TPR
If the new rap has about 10-12hp more than the 660's did,that would be so sweet,but to me i'm guessing there is only about 5 or maybe 7 hp increase,which i can be way off and i'm hoping i am.Also i thought it was a law that no stock atv from a manufacturer could go over 75mph,because the 660 went about 74 on the gps,so will this new raptor go about 80mph?

Old 06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

their not going to have that much more power. all they upgraded was to EFI and like 12cc bigger. wow. amazing. 3 more hp! yey!!! not..

Old 06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

well think of this way there are alot of people bought the bajax for 6999 so why can any of yall buy a raptor 700 for around the same price i dont understand it

Quick Reply: Who is planning on buying the new Raptor?