Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior beat by wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior beat by wolverine

Well today I decide to race my 93 warrior against my friends 2002 wolverine and I lost. Everyone tells me I should have beat him. It was only a short race tho. He beat me off the line then when I reached 4 I was catching back up to him and then we ran out of room. Then we raced again and the same thing happened. So now Im pissed cause my bike should beat his. Are bikes are both pretty much stock, mine has 22' rear tires and a K&N air filter and his has 25' tires. I think it might be my filter or carb because sometimes sometimes my bike bogs when I come out of a mud hole. But when we raced it wasnt bogging. Also I took off the air box lid and the filter is pretty dirty so I cleaned it, Ill see how it runs tomorrow. So if its not the filter what else could be slowing my bike down so slow that it gets beat by a wolverine. Oh and Im a better rider than the guy on the wolverine so its not me thats making the bike slow

Old 06-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well one reason could be because the warrior is getting old and probaly tired compared to the 02 wolvy , try racing when you both can get into 6th

Old 06-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

yea its prolly time for a top end rebuild on that warrior and then you will notice a big diff... my friends dad has an old yz 125 and it feels like a 4 stroke... it has no powerband and it rides like the choke is on... its in comparison to trying to talk when you have a lugie in your throat and it comes out all gargely

Old 06-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

Its got lots of compression and doesn't smoke, it just bogs down sometimes so tomorrow Ill check the carb and filter and maybe ceck the spark plug and see if it runs any better

Old 06-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Range Rover

hey im the guy with the wolverine and i beat him with 2 people on my bike, the problem is he isnt driving his bike to its full potental, he is shifting to early and not hitting the rpms that produce the most power, and also hes drove the bike 4 times so hes not really good on the clutch yet

Old 06-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

thats pretty sad he says its not my driving wen he only drove it 4 times hahahahahahah it wasnt my driving i drove 4 times im a pro now although my quad stalls alot off the line but its not me really lolol hahahahahahaahah jk dont get mad

Old 06-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MOJAVEalltheway
hey im the guy with the wolverine and i beat him with 2 people on my bike, the problem is he isnt driving his bike to its full potental, he is shifting to early and not hitting the rpms that produce the most power, and also hes drove the bike 4 times so hes not really good on the clutch yet
sound to me like the only thing slowing your quad down is u 1st of all u have smaller rear tires then him so u should deff beat him off the line becuz u should have more accel and its not cuz he has a semi-auto cuz iv raced a kid on a polaris 400 and took him from start to finish so thats not an excuse so my addvice is to learn to ride then race him again o and a filter isnt gonna make u go 100mph so calm down

Old 06-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

ok I was hitting the gears fine, I shifted just when its suppose to just mojavealltheway thinks you suppose to redline it, full throttle in ever gear, sorry but I had to buy this bike with my own money when his bike was givin to him free. Im not going that far redlining it just to win a race. I suppose if I did I could beat him but the bike is bogging and I cleaned the air filter. Found out my friend who put my air filter in, put it in backwards, haha I won't let him do that again. But yea its diffently not me because I can beat people on 200x's that have been driving for years. Just my bike doesn't seem to start going till 4th then I can catch that wolverine but I run out of room. Oh Im running 13t front and 40t rear sprokets

Old 06-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

oh and the guy who was on back with mojavealltheway said that their must be somthing wrong with my bike, he even owns a warrior that is 1 year older than mine and says his has alot more power than mine

Old 06-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

nevermind I found out what it was, water was getting in the airbox, the clutch needed to be adjusted and needed a clutch cable

Quick Reply: Warrior beat by wolverine