Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

stock shee versus stock rapy -- which one is more reliable and why -- using them 10 hours a week each

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock shee versus stock rapy -- which one is more reliable and why -- using them 10 hours a week each

stock shee versus stock rapy -- which one is more reliable and why -- using them 10 hours a week each

what problems would you get in banshee -- what problems would you get in raptor 660.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default stock shee versus stock rapy -- which one is more reliable and why -- using them 10 hours a week each

well i am going by my past experience. i havent delt with much banshee maintnence but i have owned 2 and 4 strokes. 4 strokes will always be more reliable. im not sure why but they always will be, some problems you might have on the banshee are, fouled plugs if you dont ride hard enough and carbon build up in your heads. problems you might run into on the rappy are poor valve adjustment and that kind of thing

Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

well i am going by my past experience. i havent delt with much banshee maintnence but i have owned 2 and 4 strokes. 4 strokes will always be more reliable. im not sure why but they always will be, some problems you might have on the banshee are, fouled plugs if you dont ride hard enough and carbon build up in your heads. problems you might run into on the rappy are poor valve adjustment and that kind of thing

Old 06-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

See how stuff is double posting??? same thing happened to me.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan
it only does that because you 56kers load so slowly you think it won't psot so you click submit post again..

Old 06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Actually no, Im running Comcast high speed cable.

But I do keep getting an "error 34" message.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

here

Forum Error
An error has occurred. If you wish to notify the administrator please click here.
To go back to the main forum page please click here.

ERROR INFORMATION:
An exception occurred when setting up mail server parameters. This exception was caused by: coldfusion.mail.MailSessionException: An exception occurred when setting up mail server parameters..
The error occurred on line 34.

Thats the message.
And speedy, if you try to post it twice, it says "this message has already been posted"

Old 06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ehlitdew

what problems would you get in banshee -- what problems would you get in raptor 660.

Raptor will probably be trouble free for a long time.

But so will the banshee. Ive had my 97 for about 8 months, put many many hours on it, never a single problem, it has never overheated, (even in hot glamis, or hot ocatillo)
never fouled a single plug, still starts on the very first kick every time, (except when cold, then maybe the second kick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]).
Basically, this bike has met my reliability satisfaction better than any bike I have ever had except my current KX500 from 93, (just as reliable), and I had a brand new 400EX that was obviously very reliable)

My banshee is as trouble free as it could possibly be. The plugs have never been out in the time I have had it.
Oh yea, When I am at Ocatillo wells, (desert near glamis, but dirt, and lots of rocks) I often putt around in first gear, and even rock climb the damn thing. A VERY slow pace.
It has never overheated or even hinted at overheating, or loaded up and fouled a plug. I suppose the jetting is SPOT on.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
it only does that because you 56kers load so slowly you think it won't psot so you click submit post again..
no actually its cuz this forum is so slow cuz ppl like ehliwutever the hell keeps makin dumbass threads.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
wrong...fool

Quick Reply: stock shee versus stock rapy -- which one is more reliable and why -- using them 10 hours a week each