Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats the loudest

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2000, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Loud T Wolf Nobody cares about that, if he said he wanted a good exhaust to gain a little power, we would not have had to say this, But he just wants to be loud. Its stupid. Thats truly one thing I appreciate about my Raptor its quiet. Just like any kid that wants to be loud in the store or any where in public you just don t let them do it. It annoys people especially me, and I really appreciate the sound of a well designed race pipe, but if you just open the can or run a header only you are losing power in alot of cases and can cause damage if he doesnt know how to rejet, and its just damn Loud.

Old 10-13-2000, 06:20 AM
Range Rover

For some reason it said in bullgod's message that he wanted a loud pipe and wanted some good power in the last sentence....before we judge someone by the words they use we should at least read and understand what is being said and NOT jump to conclusions.....*climbing down from my pulpit* sermon is over *LOL*

Old 10-13-2000, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider

Biggun sounds good

Old 10-13-2000, 07:27 AM
Trailblazer

Get a COBRA exhaust, they are pretty darn loud, they DO give you more power, and they are pretty cheap compared to other exhausts out there. And everyone else leave the poor boy alone.

Old 10-13-2000, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

His message is now edited, thats not what it originally said. but go ahead and defend him, atleast now it makes sense.

Old 10-13-2000, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

yeah get loud that helps our sport out allot Thanks in advance for turning more people against our sport. When all your riding areas are closed , your loud exhaust will sound great reving it up in your garage. noise is one of the biggest complaints of atv's and snowmobiles.

Old 10-13-2000, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt edit it. Its the same as it started. Well if i rode it on state ground then they could complain but its kinda not and its kinda out in the middle of know where. And its kinda nice to be loud when your in a stripe mind by your self. Or if you get stuck people hear you and they can find you. And its not like im going to go bore around in the neighbors yards or anything.

Old 10-13-2000, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Then who in the hell are you tired of not being heard by? the cows or who? I know its ridiculous to modify anything in the way you want. What reaction are you looking for the : I sure wish they would outlaw those loud and dangerous things, Or the: What the hell is that its a broken down helicopter, no a tractor, oh wait its that guy with the loud timberwolf. Or maybe the look of all the admirers who say wow, thats a timberwolf Im going to sell my ( add any real sport quad in place of this ) and buy a timberwolf.
We all know how the junkiest rides on the planet have loud exhaust and they all think it is so cool. Well guess what? To most others than yourself, buying whats loudest is the least of their priorities. For example pro circuit sells very good Banshee pipes that have Factory Sound silencers. I wonder why? So people are actually allowed in to their favorite riding areas.

Old 10-13-2000, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I tend to agree with the "least amount of noise" rule. I have a HPD pipe on my Scrambler. (Yes, No Fear, I bought a Polaris...have two infact..soon to have three!) My pipe is a bit louder but not annoying.

We have a camp up north with a total of about 50+ quads. We can hear them coming into the campground at around 300 feet. But there is a "dumb-a$$" who rides a warrior that we can litteraly hear up to a kilometer away! Just imagine it, you are in the middle of a huge lake fishing, and you hear that darn quads' exaust two mountains over! My quad is lots quieter and I can blow him away!

Try and be respectful to others.
Get real...noise does not equal power!

Old 10-14-2000, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hell go with the loud exhaust i thinks its cool .. if nobody wants loudness why do some people put "straight pipes" on cars? or why do they make loud exhaust systems then? i prefer to be loud i dont give a flyin F*** what everyone else has to say.... if they wanna complain about it tell me then ill decide if i want it loud or not...

Quick Reply: Whats the loudest